Notices

Not sure how I got thru today

Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure how I got thru today

These last 3 days have been close to unbearable with stress.... work and home. I am not sure how I got thru today without drinking but I did it. My mind was going all over the place thinking about stopping after work and getting a bottle of wine. It doesn't help that dh is still drinking and now I can truly smell the beer on him and I just want to blurt out.... you stink of beer! Anywho,,,,, I made it another day and I think I have a different attitude on the stress I have been having. It's weird that my biggest trigger is 4:00 PM ! That's has been the past time that I started anticipating having that 5:00 PM drink ... next trigger is my dh. Thanks for listening. I treasure SR. Day 36 almost done.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're making it through LB

Is there anyway you can lessen the stress? maybe delegate some stuff?

D
Old 01-29-2018, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 36 days. Stress is a part of life. When we first put down the bottle we think immediately of how we normally drink over the stress. Over time, without responding to stress by drinking but using other things to help you cope, you'll find you got through a stressful event and didn't once consider alcohol as a way to get through it. Yep. That day actually comes...that alcohol does not occur to you as an option.

Hang on until you get there. Until then, all your feelings are normal, and you're doing well cruising through it. Just keep going.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nicely done! I also used to have a drink to deal with stress, and truthfully all it did was cause more stress. First, because it was never just one drink, and second because whatever I was trying to escape from was still there in the morning.

I have found going for walks, mindfulness, breathing, and yoga to be great ways to deal with stress.

Onward to day 37!
Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Yes, when my mind turns to the wonderful feeling of that first glass of wine I try to turn the page to the awful feeling the next day and so far that has gotten me through. Yesterday was just a crazy day that the build up had started a couple of days ago. My son wants to throw a Super Bowl party at the house, I'm dreading it because I will be the only one not drinking but I will carry on with my sobriety. Thanks for the support and listening.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
Thanks, Yes, when my mind turns to the wonderful feeling of that first glass of wine I try to turn the page to the awful feeling the next day and so far that has gotten me through. Yesterday was just a crazy day that the build up had started a couple of days ago. My son wants to throw a Super Bowl party at the house, I'm dreading it because I will be the only one not drinking but I will carry on with my sobriety. Thanks for the support and listening.
ill be with you in spirit. Husband is throwing our usual massive alcohol soaked bash on Sunday and other than my kids who don't drink I will be sober as well. Low carb snacks and diet coke for me. It is what it is!
Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is my plan as well. I like club soda with lime a lot!
Old 01-30-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pellegrino is awesome.

we will wake up feeling fine on Monday. They will all have beer hangovers.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know I'm late responding to this ladybug, but don't drink today or any day for that matter. It's not the answer. Alcohol will never work for you anymore. ACCEPTANCE is the key.
Stay strong and stay sober my friend.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have you thought about starting a new thing to do at 4 so that you have something else to look forward to? A couple things that always get my mind off everything is going to the gym, going to yoga, going to the library, and every Friday I celebrate the end of the week with buying myself something special.

You will get into a new rhythm and soon your mind will start automatically going to other things instead of drinking.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Danielle423 View Post
Have you thought about starting a new thing to do at 4 so that you have something else to look forward to? A couple things that always get my mind off everything is going to the gym, going to yoga, going to the library, and every Friday I celebrate the end of the week with buying myself something special.

You will get into a new rhythm and soon your mind will start automatically going to other things instead of drinking.
That's a great idea!