Notices

Pins and Needles

Old 12-22-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pins and Needles

Hi all!

Newbie here. Anyway, I'm an alcoholic who is going on my third week of sobriety. This is the longest stent i've had in 10 years. Man, what respect I have for everyone working on recovery. I'm on week three and still feel like crap. I've had all kinds of symptoms but none more bothersome than the pins and needles/cramping sensation all over my body. The onset occurred about three days after I quit so I don't think it's alcohol induced peripheral neuropathy. That said, i googled the way i'm feeling an of course the internet has me thinking its MS or some other neurologic disease. Has anyone else experienced this? *I checked the FAQ on this page and it didn't populate any results*
Old 12-22-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tommy0311 View Post
Hi all!

Newbie here. Anyway, I'm an alcoholic who is going on my third week of sobriety. This is the longest stent i've had in 10 years. Man, what respect I have for everyone working on recovery. I'm on week three and still feel like crap. I've had all kinds of symptoms but none more bothersome than the pins and needles/cramping sensation all over my body. The onset occurred about three days after I quit so I don't think it's alcohol induced peripheral neuropathy. That said, i googled the way i'm feeling an of course the internet has me thinking its MS or some other neurologic disease. Has anyone else experienced this? *I checked the FAQ on this page and it didn't populate any results*
That's a really common alcohol related symptom, and we can have symptoms for quite awhile. If you have continued concerns, maybe get a check up with your doctor.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tommy0311 View Post
Hi all!

I get that pins and needles feeling in my feet and hands...and face at times...it's always rough after I went on a binge...I even feel it now since I'm only 2 days sober after a 2 day binge...I've read that if you've drank hard for an long period of time that the tingle may not be reversible at some point of alcoholism
Old 12-22-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job one 3 weeks!

I had all kinds of side effects, it takes time!! Keep up the good work!