Notices

Dream

Old 11-15-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8

Dream

I had a dream last night that I trusted the wrong person again and was betrayed - again. That is the one thing that keeps me from making new friends and certainly from getting into another relationship, the fear of betrayal. I have such trust issues. Alcohol was my one friend that did not betray me for a long time. But then alcohol betrayed me too. Will I ever be able to trust again?
Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I believe we are capable of much more than we think we are Tired. Trust is definitely hard to regain, but I think you'll have a much easier time of it once you get some sober time under your belt. For example, you are already writing and sharing about your experiences here on SR. Yes it's anonymous, but in a sense you already trust us here a little bit, right? Keep moving forward with small steps. Maybe next you could try a support group locally or volunteering somewhere for a couple hours.

Also remember that you will also become more trustworthy by getting and staying sober - and that will allow you to establish new/better relationships with others.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Perhaps it will help you to think that alcohol was never your friend, just an unhealthy crutch that you're better off without.

I've been screwed over by nearly everyone in my life and have severe trust issues because of it. You just have to keep going.