Notices

Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test

Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

I always find these tests interesting, and much less stress-inducing now that I have almost 2.5 years of sobriety. I scored 36. So then I clicked the link for the Severity of Alcohol Dependence questionnaire and scored a 44. All this was based on my drinking habits at the end of my drinking career. Of course, I didn't need a test to know alcohol was killing me. This is just one more confirmation. So glad to leave that insanity behind!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I first got sober I volunteered with a service that screened people using AUDIT. It's been in use for years and is based on the statistical likelihood that you will experience the physical and mental difficulties associated with drinking problems.

Truthfully the main thing it tests is your own honesty. People either scored very highly or very lowly. Some folks who drank heavily without consequence would score highly...some chronic alcoholics, in denial, would score low.

It is the standard international test used by many health services sometimes it's a useful way to open up a dialogue about someone's drinking but it's not exactly definitive

P