Notices

Before and after photos of drinkers

Old 08-07-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Before and after photos of drinkers

Hi SR! I just came across this and thought you might like some inspiration. These people also must have taken control of their health in other ways but that's one of the benefits of recovery; freedom to do those kinds of things.

14 stunning photos taken before and after people stopped drinking

I'm not doing as good as they are is but at least now I feel like I can do those things if I put my mind to it and keep trying. I have actual choices now.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yep, it's pretty amazing what can happen when we stop filling our bodies with empty calories and poison every day ;-)
Old 08-07-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Those pictures are amazing. This is one thing that I love most about recovery, the physical (and mental, and attitudinal) changes are remarkable and inspiring.
Who would ever guess that by not drinking poison every eight hours, we can look dramatically better in mere months?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about this over the past few days. I was the classic alcoholic shape - pot belly and thin limbs due to muscle wastage from lack of exercise and self neglect.

As soon as I stopped the booze I changed my diet also and three months down the line I'm amazed at the difference.

My skin has almost completely cleared up and while I am still the same weight as I was when I was drinking my body shape is radically different. My stomach is flat now and while I'm never happy looking at myself in a mirror ( never have been ) I am starting to appear quite muscular. Being just the wrong side of 50 I thought my shape was a result of anno domini as well as the booze, but obviously it isn't.

I'm now inspired to start bodyweight training to see if I can regain some of the muscle and fitness I had when younger. It's nothing to do with vanity ( that's one character defect I don't suffer from, quite the opposite ) and everything to do with self respect.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow.
Just WOW.
Jules
Old 08-08-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

My photos are pretty impressive you woudlnt even recogonize me. its kinda cool i can hide in plain sight from peopel who new me back then lol.

I wish i wasnt so hesitant to share it here but that being said its possible if someone PM's me I'll possibly share lol.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am only about 9 1/2 months sober and I see a big difference in my appearance compared to old pictures of myself.

I was a blotchy bloated mess.