Notices

Day 7

Old 07-05-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Day 7!

I have pretty much been surrounded my booze this entire trip and the cravings to have a glass of wine have been pretty strong, but the want to stay sober has been even stronger so it really hasn't been to bothersome. I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore.

Emotions have been up and down for sure and every now and then my anxiety likes to pop up and say Hi. I have been playing the tape through about what CAN happen if I stay sober and of all the amazing things to come in my future ... so that has been making me stay positive through all of the emotions.

I am feeling pretty down about my weight.. But what do you expect after years of putting poison into your body.

What were your experiences with weight loss after quitting?

Have a great day!

Old 07-05-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats !
Im on day 45 without booze and I weight myself yesterday and Im down about 8 pounds, keep in mind Ive been eating everything in site recently.
BUT
My Face and Mid section is not bloated like before!!!!

Work on the no booze part first, diet can come second. IMO weight is 80/20 diet/activities. Just be cautious of what you eat , your weight will drop eventually.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 7 DD931. Anxiety and up and down emotions are very common during the early stages, so hang in there - it will get better!

I lost a pretty significant amount of weight after I quit - it took several months but it was enough to make me look and feel a lot better. Part of it was because I wasn't drinking so much anymore, but also because I ate very poorly when I drank too - lots of junk food, late night snacking, missing meals etc. In addition to quitting the beer, I also started eating better and also getting some moderate exercise. Even just taking a walk can really help.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week DD

D
Old 07-05-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberado

Seven days is great! Heck with the weight concerns right now concentrate on not drinking and the pounds will come off eventually. Anyway I'm fifty and tell everybody that being thin is so "80's".

Good luck to you.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week! Read here often and create a solid plan to stay sober.

I weighed 223 pounds when I quit 110 days ago. I started eating healthy and exercising. I weigh 180 now and feel so much better. Best of luck to you, stay strong!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got sober 170 days ago, I've lost 45 pounds so far.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week! The first couple of months are weird, but things slowly get less intense (in my experience, anyway). I toured through Italy during my first month of sobriety (Sept 2016) after years of drinking, and I can relate to feeling like there is temptation all around you. It helped for me to just decide finally "I don't do that" -- like if I saw people using amphetamines, I wouldn't be like "wow maybe I deserve a little myself, I've been good, it's a treat" ... I had to really make that shift in my mind that alcohol was just NOT SOMETHING I USE and it wasn't a "privilege" to be able to drink. It's not on the table for me.