Notices

Its a beautiful summer day...

Old 07-02-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a beautiful summer day...

Yet I cant enjoy it because I am hung over...I am so tired of this. I Quit and relapse yet every time i relapse i find it harder to quit again. I need to find the strength to stop for good. I almost need to get so angry at the power alcohol has over me and how it is taking away my life from me to fight it and stop for good. Friends of mine are all out and enjoying this beautiful day and I am to sick and tired from drinking every night to go out and enjoy it...so I wait until night to drink again and feel better but its a destructive cycle..I have to stop this madness..
Old 07-02-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Khyzer, drink lots of water if you are not already doing so. It will help with the hangover.
Eat something light, like toast.
Move around a little and, if you can, get some fresh air. That will help as well.
I used to wake up every morning full of self loathing. I let myself and those who loved me down.
One night I didn't drink. I was just tired of alcohol controlling my life, and I just didn't drink.
I felt so good the next day, I cannot tell you.
One night became two, and so on.
About two weeks in, I started sleeping better.
About a month in, stomach problems I had been having resolved.
My spouse started liking me again now that I wasn't drunk every night.
Three months in, I felt like me, the me I was before drink took over.
And I liked being the old me.
It starts with one night.
Good luck.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, and I went to AA.
I don't go anmore. At the end of the day, it wasn't the program for me.
But it was a godsend in the early days. Support and caring.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I spent ten years feeling like you do now. I know where you're coming from.
The remorse, stifling anxiety and guilt.
I wasted so, so many days. Laying in bed wondering how could I do this to myself. Only knowing full well I was going to do it again as soon as I recovered enough.

I finally called AA and went to a meeting. I found people like me, trying to solve our common problem with drink, though we had little else in common.
I hope you do take action. I was so far gone that was my only hope.
It's been six and a half years now since I've had a drink of alcohol, and hopefully I won't drink today. Because that's all I've got. Today. I don't worry about tomorrow. Just today.
You can stop drinking. Put the effort into getting sober that you do drinking and recovering. That's what I had to do.

Best to you my friend, you're not alone.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Khyzer

maybe its time to try something different this time? what have you done in the past to stay sober?

D
Old 07-02-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's why I had to stop all together, khyzer - every time I drank it ended up like that. Misery, remorse, anxiety. Never fun or relaxing any more. No point in continuing with something that's bringing us down and causing damage.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It always seemed to feel worst when the sun was out, waking up with half the day wasted totally hungover or probably still drunk with sunlight streaming through the curtains. We don't get a lot of sunshine where I live so it always made me feel sad to miss any.
I'm at nearly eight months sober and I've got to say that its of my strongest "thank goodness I'm not drunk" moments when I wake up to the sunshine sober.
Its still early in the summer Khyzer so still lots of time for you to get some sober sunshine this year.

Peace X
Old 07-03-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Real strength comes with admission of defeat. Strength to get help, do what is advised- and continuing to do it every minute of every day. Will power is for Hlooywood. Most people who stay sober/clean/do not gamble- have a plan and a strong support network- like a moral bank balance. Stresses of life put it into the red- support puts it back into the black.
See your doc about w/d's, go to an AA/SMART meeting, make a plan of what to do differently- instead of just hoping and praying. Action speaks....
Lots of info in the sticky's section.
Support and empathy to you. PJ
Old 07-03-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

losing a beautiful day because of a hangover is bad weve all been there.
use this as fuel to the fire and quit. Life is too beautiful , to not enjoy it fully each and every day.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I remember opening a bottle of vodka and knowing it was going to be a rough night.

It remember trying to count, then losing count, and then crossing the line.

I would sigh in sadness as the bottle started to get close to half full after just a few snorts. I wasn't drunk enough.

I remember forcing myself to eat and then take a sleeping pill, or two, to make me pass out vs keep drinking.

It was horrible.

Get clean. You can do it.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wondering how you're doing, Khyzer.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I lost so many days hungover it was pathetic. The only solution is to quit drinking. You'll never lose another day again.