Notices

Day 2...

Old 05-27-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2...

Day 2 today, and it absolutely doesn't help that it's a duty day for me starting at 430am.

I got some "decent sleep" last night when the anxiety, chills, and mild shaking would die down long enough for me to do so; woke up a good amount of times though.

Today at work feels very hazy, almost euphoric with a good sprinkle of anxiety and shakiness.. hoping to make it through to day 3 and keep this train rolling... here's to it, hope all is well with everyone out there.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 also. Had the night sweats and barely got in 5 hours of sleep. Hang in there. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone and we are all on this journey together.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im in day 3 and drinked one beer but im ok now.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lenches13 View Post
I'm on day 2 also. Had the night sweats and barely got in 5 hours of sleep. Hang in there. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone and we are all on this journey together.
It's absolutely awful isn't it? I'm hoping I (we) take the smart road and choose never to go through this mess again..

How are you feeling today?
Old 05-27-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaplain30 View Post
Im in day 3 and drinked one beer but im ok now.
Congrats on making it to Day 3 my friend! I wouldn't worry about the one beer... sometimes if the hospital route isn't for you I've read that's advised to calm yourself down.

How are you feeling today?
Old 05-27-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats All!!
Each day it gets better!
I guess getting up for 4:30 AM will allow for better sleep this evening.
Don't forget to keep hydrated!
Have a good day everyone,
J
Old 05-27-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im ok just stopped with 1 beer and few cigarets. I think ill finish day like that.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules714 View Post
Congrats All!!
Each day it gets better!
I guess getting up for 4:30 AM will allow for better sleep this evening.
Don't forget to keep hydrated!
Have a good day everyone,
J
We shall see how it goes lol, how do you feel today Jules? Rested and ready for some Memorial Day steaks?
Old 05-27-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaplain30 View Post
Im ok just stopped with 1 beer and few cigarets. I think ill finish day like that.
Not bad at all! I believe most of the country is out partying and what not for the holiday weekend. 1 beer and some smokes isn't bad!
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Will, I slept well. Went to a meeting and just had yummy Greek leftovers. I'm actually grilling pork tenderloin...
J
Old 05-27-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Will, I slept well. Went to a meeting and just had yummy Greek leftovers. I'm actually grilling pork tenderloin...
J
There ya go! I'm drearily floating through this duty day, spending my Memorial Day weekend in uniform haha. A friend of mine wants my girlfriend and I to ome over for a a BBQ this evening after work... they're big drinkers so I'm going to try and steer clear of that situation.. I don't want to be a shut in, but like you said, I want to avoid triggers.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just tell them you're working this weekend and are keeping it low key. If you have to be @work again tomorrow then you're going to want to be better rested.
Bare in mind that most are big drinkers. I heard something in AA that for each person in a meeting there are 30 individuals out there that need help and are not getting it. Hopefully that changes!!
J
Old 05-27-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just tell them you're working this weekend and are keeping it low key. If you have to be @work again tomorrow then you're going to want to be better rested.
Bare in mind that most are big drinkers. I heard something in AA that for each person in a meeting there are 30 individuals out there that need help and are not getting it. Hopefully that changes!!
J
Well I don't work tomorrow, however with us moving on Wednesday we have a TON to get done.. I don't want to put myself in that predicament though, want to get through this and stay on it.. it took me a long time to actually reach out, even this far. But it's already proven to be very fruitful
Old 05-27-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yea, moving...that's a perfect out. Entails a lot.
You can always just say you didn't sleep so well and are tired. That's​ not even fibbing! There are tons of excuses. It's date night. I have house work to catch up on. Eventually you will feel comfortable telling key, close friends. If it's an issue, then you will figure out who your *friends are.
I have a couple (3) friends who know. I don't FB anymore (11 months) it's such BS. My "friends" and their chicken coops or custom wine cellars...pics of heavy drinking around their new brick fire pits. It's all just Facebook face. Most of my friends have serious issues with alcohol by the looks of their posts and pics. I had to remove that infiltration of crap in my life. My time now is spent in MTGS or here, with my new sober friends. It's only ever positive.
J
Old 05-27-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yea, moving...that's a perfect out. Entails a lot.
You can always just say you didn't sleep so well and are tired. That's​ not even fibbing! There are tons of excuses. It's date night. I have house work to catch up on. Eventually you will feel comfortable telling key, close friends. If it's an issue, then you will figure out who your *friends are.
I have a couple (3) friends who know. I don't FB anymore (11 months) it's such BS. My "friends" and their chicken coops or custom wine cellars...pics of heavy drinking around their new brick fire pits. It's all just Facebook face. Most of my friends have serious issues with alcohol by the looks of their posts and pics. I had to remove that infiltration of crap in my life. My time now is spent in MTGS or here, with my new sober friends. It's only ever positive.
J
That's my plan, to just say we have a ton of housework to catch up on, and I'm very tired. Which both, like you said, are not lies.

Yeah my close friends will 100% stand by me, and I believe I know exactly who they are; but time will tell the tale on that.

Facebook is terrible for those sorts of things, all my friends do is drink outside of work! I'm (we) are just going to have to find more practices. It kind of stinks though, I just got very proficient at brewing my own beer lol.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh no. Sorry. You'll figure out something new to do. Hey, you can become a Grill master and enter competitions. Lol. I dunno.
J
Old 05-27-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh no. Sorry. You'll figure out something new to do. Hey, you can become a Grill master and enter competitions. Lol. I dunno.
J
Oh I won't have an issue there I don't think, I'm a hobbies and have plenty to keep me busy.

Man today is rough! I feel like golem from lord of the rings or something... it's pulling at me, fogging my mind up completely, every sound makes me jump, goodness
Old 05-27-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hopefully you get off work soon. I took about 6 showers on days like that. Try to eat something. Watch a movie and distract yourself. Packing sounds super fun.
J
Old 05-27-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hopefully you get off work soon. I took about 6 showers on days like that. Try to eat something. Watch a movie and distract yourself. Packing sounds super fun.
J
Yeah I feel dirty.... trying to keep my mind off of it, work is helping a bit. But hey, what's more menial and mundane then packing right?
Old 05-28-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

DAY 3!

I slept much better last night, tossed and turned a little bit but not too terribly much. Still feel very foggy and out of it, hot flashes are coming and going. But over all better than the last 2