Notices

Tonight is going to be rough..

Old 05-21-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tonight is going to be rough..

Ive quit drinking then relapsed a handful of times now...this time i started drinking again and doing some c o k e over the course of a week and a half...This has caused me to barely sleep and when i do its a drunken sleep so my mind and body isnt able to fully recover..Today my body and mind is feeling the effects of this and is causing severe anxiety and feeling like my vision/consciousness is being compressed. If i drink more tonight it gets worse so I have to stop..though i have some vodka to sip on to prevent withdraws..I my mind and body is already hurting and i know its only going to get worse before it gets better...but I am so down with this ****...I am so over these demons tricking me into short term relief which leads to more suffering...tonight my anxiety is going to get worse...i know its going to be a hell of a ride, and tomorrow night i am only going to drink enough to ween myself off and prevent extreme and dangerous withdraws but depression and anxiety, nightmares and night sweats are going to be my reality for the next 4 days....I just need to hold onto this awful feeling as a reminder to why I stopped doing this to myself..The anxiety makes me feel the need to reach out, so I am again reaching out...
Old 05-21-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by khyzer35 View Post

I just need to hold onto this awful feeling as a reminder to why I stopped doing this to myself.
I have been doing that and not forgetting for 9 years now -- that along with other sober tools helps us to get and stay clean and sober.
Good luck,
Bob
Old 05-21-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there man. Break the cycle this time. Beat it!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this I know that feeling all too well. The anxiety is brutal. The lack of sleep. Have you talked to your doctor? This isn't really a go it alone at home thing... although I too, have done it. Weaning with sips at intervals. Still really rough for a couple days.
Try to hydrate really well. Camomile tea (dandelion tea is really good for liver) up those B vitamins and force down some protein. Really anything to eat, but if you can get some chicken in? Good head start.
I'll try to stay up as late as I can and check in periodically tonight so you're not so alone...just know we've all been there. I was there for the 100th time 19 days ago.
Someone at a meeting said to me "are you done?"
I certainly hope so. I really want to be.
Hope you feel the same.
Feel better, hang in...were here for you.
J
Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you for the responses and the support!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

I will be in and out of chat tonight and likely for the next four nights if you need to talk (California time). I am only on Day 2, and would love to help if I can so as not to drink myself. Stay strong. You can find the support and help you need here. Lots of love to you <3
Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by khyzer35 View Post
...tonight my anxiety is going to get worse..

When it comes to anxiety, I have learned to stay focused on now and not worry about the future.

Their is no fear in the now;

fear causes anxiety that

something you want to happen will not happen

or

that something you don't want to happen, will.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Great advice above. I also want to say that its really tough and maddening that in this process whats right feels wrong and whats wrong feels right.
So there is this very counter-intuitive thing with detox and addiction. You are trying to take the RIGHT action right now. You are trying to do the right thing. But IT FEELS SO WRONG. To your body, it feels wrong, and the solution seems so close at hand, which is to USE to make yourself feel better.

You are doing THE RIGHT THING right now. It would be good if you got a doctor's help, you would feel some relief to have that kind of help. But just remember... Its RIGHT to choose the path of sobriety, no matter what your detoxing body tells you.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like this isn't your first rodeo with this. I do not envy the position you are in, but I certainly hope that you can make this the last time you ever have to endure this. Many of us have been there and its pure hell. Stay strong, first two days will probably be the worst. If you can stomach it, get some food in you. Wish you the best.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Come in chat if you need to talk! A couple of us there right now.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you fairing? Hopefully well!
Take gentle care!!
J
Old 05-22-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You ok, Khyzer?
Hope so.
J