Notices

Why....????

Old 05-01-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why....????

Just an odd day. Jeep has been raising hell. Check engine light blinking. Drivers side window won't go up and down. Broke. Choked up on me twice like humped back (seized?) so today we take it to the Jeep hospital. Hop in. Check engine light is on but solid. Window WORKS...Fires right up and runs smooth. WHY. Any day you hop in it either raises hell or runs smooth. Not sure what this will cost me BUT FIX IT PLEASE!

At the end of my rope. Trade time. But buying a car now is like buying a HOUSE!!! Phew. Glad I got it out...
Old 05-01-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Vehicles can truly be a pain in the butt ( and the pocketbook! ). Glad you came here to get it out rather than the alternative "coping" strategy we used to employ for these types of situations.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i hate new cars....i hate all cars except classics i can restore. my daily driver has 26 computers in it.!!!!! WTF??? All i can tell you is get a bumper to bumper warranty for as long as you can. Bring back the 50-70's cars I say!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The car I used to have was terrible. The heating knob broke. I had to bring blankets when I drove in the winter. I drove on a nugget for 3 months because the tire went flat. There were tons of oil leaks. The check engine light was probably on for about 90% of the time I had that car.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
Just an odd day. Jeep has been raising hell. Check engine light blinking. Drivers side window won't go up and down. Broke. Choked up on me twice like humped back (seized?) so today we take it to the Jeep hospital. Hop in. Check engine light is on but solid. Window WORKS...Fires right up and runs smooth. WHY. Any day you hop in it either raises hell or runs smooth. Not sure what this will cost me BUT FIX IT PLEASE!

At the end of my rope. Trade time. But buying a car now is like buying a HOUSE!!! Phew. Glad I got it out...
The check engine lights will often blink in a pattern/codes that can be looked up to pinpoint a specific problem. You can look these up online or take to an auto parts store before taking to the dealer to see what you may be in store for. I think normally that a steady blinking meant get immediately to a mechanic, which you obviously already did.

Sounds like an a problem w/the electrical system to me?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When the CEL is blinking that's normally a sign that something pretty serious is going on. Mis-fire,major vac leak,ect..which would make it run rough. As for the window, it could be the switch going bad..Have it scanned and go from there..Might be as simple as a tune up(plugs,wires,cap).. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is in their hands now. Waiting to hear of the expense. Actually I am getting ready to hurl myself out the window. OH ****! I am in a ranch style house. No killage here.