Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Is anyone here also allergic to the willpower method?

Notices

Is anyone here also allergic to the willpower method?

Old 04-16-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I think what you are talking about Is acceptance of addiction. No sobriety method or plan will work until you unconditionally accept that you can never drink even one drink IMHO.
This is what I had to do. Drinking is not an issue for me. The aftermath is what I deal with now.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Interesting.....about NOT counting days.
I read somewhere, either here or in a blog, about how counting days could be counter-productive in the sense that it was much more important to adopt a Sober Lifestyle holistically and how counting "days" kind of segments that thought. I kind of have been counting; but I find it kind of boring. Lol. Much more important to me will be my "YEAR" sobriety anniversary. I also wonder if counting days may mentally prohibit those who "fall off the wagon" from getting back on. Because going from "90 days" back to "day 1" would be very discouraging, I would think, versus just saying "Ok. Time to adopt my sober lifestyle again, today."