Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

NOT planning to drink but I know how fast I can plan to

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'll have a few dollars this weekend after basics are paid for, and I'm planning to spend it stocking up on food on sale.

So thats better than this time 2 weeks ago when I already had the plan. But until its spent, I know what I'm like, I can change my mind last minute and waste it on alcohol.

Getting drunk is getting more pathetic. It takes too much too quick, and so its barely like I'm drunk, I just wake up 1-2-3 days later with a hangover, fatter and poorer.

I know I'd be better off buying junk food than booze, and I'm on a diet when I'm not drinking.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Make a commitment not to buy alcohol before checking in here first to try and talk yourself out of it.

D
Old 03-29-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Dee is right on the mark...make plans now so you are ready later. Write out a schedule or a plan for the weekend if you need to...post it on your fridge!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I already have a plan for when to spend the money, but its just I can change my mind at the drop of a hat.

I have a regular list of reasons not to drink, including an extra 1 of having a sore throat today.

I've completely quit in the past, but for the past 2-3 years I've had the money to drink fairly often, aka WAY TOO MUCH much/often.

Now I'm happy to be poor for now, but I need to completely cut off drinking, and not keep drinking every 2 weeks.

As for triggers, its my computer really, because all I would do drinking is just sit alone and play video games or watch movies.

I don't really play much games or watch fiction stuff sober. When I'm drinking its a replacement for lack of friends, GFs
Old 03-29-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you change your mind at the drop of a hat you can change it back too

Don't listen to the lies - we can stay sober if we want to
Old 03-30-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by WW2gamer View Post
I already have a plan for when to spend the money, but its just I can change my mind at the drop of a hat.
You are building new neural pathways. Practice NOT changing your mind. Practice and practice and practice.

Train Your Brain To Let Go Of Habits ? 10 Methods For Creating New Neural Pathways · The Mind Unleashed
Old 03-30-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not planning to drink but I know how fast I can plan to

what's missing here is planning not to drink and implementing that plan.