Notices

help me. pregnant and drinking

Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Have you stopped drinking yet or spoken to your doctor about it?
I have stopped yes. The midwife is aware that I have drank in the pregnancy. As for going to the doctor not yet,i need to make an appointment anyway so I will mention it. I wont be drinking again during the pregnancy as I feel pretty scared as it is. Another thing the last thing I want is notes on my medical records so they think I'm high risk and then the social services get involved , ive seen people have problems there and get their baby taken away. However I'm going to ask my doctor about FAS and what they can do about it if the child was born with it. I'm really not sure what they can do because as far as I am aware it cant be treated.
Ive had a reiki treatment and I'm trying to remain positive.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very glad to hear that you have stopped drinking and are taking some positive steps. Letting your midwife know and talking with your doctor are important too, please keep those lines of communication open.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you continue to not drink through the rest of your pregnancy. And, I hope that you do talk to your dr and get as much information as possible. Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This is great news Snugglebun. You will be so glad you did this.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That's great to read .

Keep it up, and keep us informed?

All good wishes for the very best of luck and an easy pregnancy, Snugglebun (and Babybun!)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. Its really not easy when you have a boyfriend that drinks all the time and puts you through stress. He doesn't seem to care about me being pregnant at all, I don't feel the support I need right now and when I get stressed the first thing id normally tur to is alcohol of course! scan toorow so hopefully find out if all is ok. The drink urges are going to be there I know it and ive got some way to go now. This is so hard.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Are you living together, Snugglebun?

Do you have to be around him all the time? If you have someone who would put you up for a while, maybe that might be a good idea?

I know it can't be easy when you are pregnant - particularly if money is going to be tight when you leave work; but if your BF isn't stepping up, maybe he needs a shock to his system?

Or could you ask him to leave for a while? Anything to put a bit of space between you until you get straightened out.

If neither of those is an option, are there ante-natal classes you could go to for support, and to meet other mums to be?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Snugglebun,

I am glad you have stopped drinking, you are putting your baby first, which is what you will continue to do as a mom.

I understand your concerns about speaking to your doctor, but it is important for the doctors who will be seeing your little one to know as early as possible that he/she may need early interventions to help meet milestones. It isn't about whether or not the doctor is judging you, it is about your child getting the medical attention they may need.

Do you have supports other than your boyfriend? If not, there are lots of programs out there to help pregnant moms.

Please keep posting, and continue to stay sober for your little one.

❤ Delilah
Old 02-21-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Honestly, if you want to save the baby, find an inpatient treatment program for fetal alcohol or prenatal substance abuse. You need medical attention.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=SueDenim;6340537]Are you living together, Snugglebun?

Do you have to be around him all the time? If you have someone who would put you up for a while, maybe that might be a good idea?

QUOTE]

No thank god i've got my own house. Ive not seen him in 3 days but hes found time for the pub everyday!!!

I'm raging right now and I felt that burning urge to go buy alcohol because I'm SO CROSS. He just invited me to the pub to have a glass of wine to chill !! what a total idiot. what sort of bloody support is that.

Ive amazed myself and said no somehow. I just thought I'm not going to let him make me ill. Hes the reason I drank so much in the early stages because he was stressing me out.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done for saying no

I'm pleased to hear you have your own place, so you can get away from him when you need to.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you said no too

D
Old 02-21-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Its taken me a lot of strength but I ended it tonight with him.... I lapsed and rushed out and got wine, in truth I had one and didn't like it, I knew it was wrong aand I knew its not right to have one idiot push me to this.

SO the only answer was to eliminate him. Its a hard choice what with being pregnant but I cant have him ruin me and baby.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I found it really really helpful in my early recovery to accept the fact that I will always have people in my life that behave in ways that trigger negative emotions in me, but that it was my responsibility to learn how to cope with those emotions in ways that didn't harm me or anybody else.

We aren't going to recovery by removing externals, with one exception - we have to remove the alcohol so that we can get well, and then we can start to recover.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you relapsed Snugglebun and I do hope that continue to work on your recovery. I think getting rid of the boyfriend is a very good idea.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

How did it turn out with your baby?
Old 01-10-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I was in rehab with 3 doctors, trust me they won't judge you, there is a huge drinking culture in the medical world. Feeling guilty will just lead to more drinking. Be proud of yourself by doing the ONE thing for your baby that no one in the whole world can do for him/her, give your baby a fair chance to develop and grow properly by not drinking while he/she is in the womb developing. It is only for a few weeks of your life. Stop drinking now and seek help. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I hope your family is doing well.