Notices

Oncoming Traffic

Old 01-31-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oncoming Traffic

Had a dream last night that I was driving the wrong way on the interstate. One time I actually did get on the southbound ramp of the turnpike heading north , drunk of course. I realized I was going the wrong way and made a k turn and managed to get home safely. Thank God I didn't kill anyone and thank God those days are over.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad too Jimmy

D
Old 01-31-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You hear about that happening on the news all the time!

Really makes you think..
Old 01-31-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm happy you're here, my friend.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I recently had a relapse dream. It felt entirely real. I woke up thinking, "Aw, $&@!, I just threw away all that sober time I built up."

What a joy it was to slowly realize that nothing ever happened, and I was still recovering according to plan.

I've been told that these dreams are common in sobriety (especially early sobriety).

ABW1
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get this. One time in college I was absolutely plastered and I was driving back to my house and it was snowing something awful. I did a 360 in front of city hall and my car jumped the curb and I was parked on the lawn of city hall. I did not know what to do so I sat there and lit a cigarette . Suddenly two policemen appeared and pushed my car back on the road and waived me on my way. No DUI nothing
happened. Just amazing I did not think anything odd and laughed all the home.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here in Ireland, there was a public safety campaign in the 70s urging people not to drive if they'd had more than five drinks.
'More than five?
DON'T DRIVE'.

Funny and terrifying.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All the TIME on the news here in Phoenix AZ, reports of people on the Rd the wrong way. alotta people want spike things for tires put down...so people wont be able to enter freeway the wrong way. but they said that will cause damage to everyones tires...or something like that. SCARY thing is...think of all the drunk drivers who DONT get caught. So this is ALWAYS happening in our World. Whether were aware of it, or not. Almost makes a person not even want to drive at all, if ya ask me. TALKINAND WALKIN Member: Your story amazes me!! What about the cops wand thing they wave at u, it detects alcohol? Your story is unbelievable, City Hall lawn, and 2 cops helping U. Not detecting a thing! Im glad everyone here is safe and sound. and everyone else too.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did that too. I drove onto the freeway via an off ramp...realized halfway onto the ramp, got onto the freeway and banged a u turn. OMG horrifying. Thank God I never hurt anyone...
Old 02-04-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Reminds me of my least favourite traffic sign ever (here in the UK), which states "Danger. Oncoming vehicles in the middle of the road". I mean -what are you supposed to do with that kind of information on a windey, narrow road? I remember laughing at the irony of seeing one of those warning signs on the way to doing an AA share at a rehab centre that my sponsor had told me I wasn't ready for, and do feeling that perhaps my HP had something to do with me noticing it for the first time that night. My sponsor and the sign were absolutely right. I came out from doing that share wanting a drink for the first time in months and I didn't see THAT coming. I didn't take have a drink though, so maybe the warning did prepare me in a way.