Notices
View Poll Results: How many hours of sleep do you average per night?
Less than 5.
11.38%
6 - 7 hours.
47.97%
8 - 9 hours.
35.77%
10 - 12 hours.
4.07%
More than 12.
0.81%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

How much (sober) sleep do you average per night?

Old 05-19-2021, 07:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

As much as early sobriety sucks, one of the cool things about it is dreaming. The dreams would get so intense, I'd look forward to sleep every night. It was like going to the movies. Even the nightmares were cool LMAO!

Now I'm almost 6 months into sobriety and I wish I could say I was sleeping as good as I want- but it's definitely better than when I drink. I'm around 6.5 hours a night.

I can't tell if that's because of my drinking and nervous system, or if it's because I'm getting older. Maybe both. But I'd like to get back to 8 hours, the way it was for most of my life before I drank heavy.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm getting a solid 7-8 hours a night. It's fantastic compared to when I was drinking which wasn't really sleeping it was more like passing out. Another thing when I was actively boozing when I would " come to " all the blankets and pillows would be on the floor.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Anywhere from 8 to 10. I go to bed really early compared to the average person: around 7:00. And I wake up around 5am. I do suffer from depression so maybe that's why my body seems to want more sleep.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

6-7.

A bit less lately (and rather inconsistently) since we have a 2 month old (and a 2 1/2 year old).
Old 11-11-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

about 7-8 hours. WaterOx my dreams suck though. I had one with fire spreading in my location and for whatever reason i was in this kinda farmish area where distances between houses were big. So we heard a fire was raging, we went outside and me and all the others tried to find a way out. it didn't work but then luckely the firefighters appeared and since we were in a valley by then, we tried to climb upwards but in the dream it seemed like all the water from the firefighters and rescue efforts pooled in the valley. so we had to climb upwards. got into a small bunker like structure (used to be a military town). the water kept on climbing though, so we tried to get further up, climbing up some rocks.. in which some fell and the old couple hit the ground. i just kept on climbing and then i woke up.
I can be without dreams for a while . hate hights