Notices

Help

Old 11-20-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I so hope this is the rock bottom, I feelk so sick physically and emotionally. I just want it to stop, to be better, to not want to drink to stop destroying my life and any future happiness. I worry that I'm the person who doesnt get it, who can't grasp it. I hate this life.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi 1happy1, it is always a good time to step off the merry go round.

You can stop it now, many here have and you can "get it", too.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR Happy1 - tons of support and good ideas

I think anyone can get it - I was an all day everyday drinker for several years and I got it - takes a little hard work for a while but it will get easier

Read around and post as much as you like - see what approaches appeal to you

Do you think you need a Dr? Detox can be rough for some of us?

D
Old 11-20-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankyou

I think probably I need a Dr yes but im too impatient I have to just stop, I can never taper off. I went to the shop at 4am this morning after I came too but I turned around. I never turn around.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sober style

I think you do get it and can definitely grasp it right now. Your sobriety and a better life are there waiting for you to take.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep this momentum, march right in to your doctors offer, lay it on the line ask for help to turn things around. It is a bit tough but so so worth it. Coming here means you really are probably sick and tired of the ground hog day, nothing will change if you don't take this a bit further and give yourself a real chance of a happy life. we are here as support 1happy1 hugs to you
Old 11-20-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you turned around

If things get worse remember you can always go to the ER.

D
Old 11-21-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1happy1 View Post
I so hope this is the rock bottom, I feelk so sick physically and emotionally. I just want it to stop, to be better, to not want to drink to stop destroying my life and any future happiness. I worry that I'm the person who doesnt get it, who can't grasp it. I hate this life.
Your words do sound like they come from that place. Sick and tired of being sick and tired? I understand. Now is the time for action! It's trite, but remember that a journey of a thousand miles, starts with just one step. What do YOU need to do to be *happy*?
Old 11-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was heading toward rock bottom months before I hit. The anxiety was so intense when I wasn't drunk and then it got to the point that the booze didn't even stop the anxiety.
I have about one month sober after 27+ years of daily drinking. I have good days and bad days but overall I am better. I am also on medication for depression and anxiety.
do what you have to do to get better. It ain't easy but it is worth it.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What I can tell you is that I'm a person that has tried about everything, because I know it's a binary equation for me. AA isn't for everyone, and there are lots of ways to get sober. However, once I finally embraced the fact that this is the first beast in my life that I can't willpower through, I started my actual journey. For me, a support group has been to good to meet some new, sober friends that really get it with no judgement. If we look at our lives, I'm positive that we all have done or had done to us some f*** up stuff. Once I accepted that and started being honest with others and myself, I was truly able to see a sober life ahead.

You can do it, too. You just have to be willing to start doing the hard work. It is by far the most difficult thing I've ever faced in life after I stopped living in denial.

I knew that if I didn't address my baggage, no approach in the world would make sobriety stick.

Hang in there, and believe in yourself. You can do this.

My humble suggestion is start to surround yourself with people that can guide you. It's a very tough journey depending on how deep into it you are. Trust me. All of the sober folks here and I understand what it's like. The shame, the confusion, the wreckage, the desire.... Yep. We get it, too. Keep pushing forward!
Old 11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can relate, 1happy1. I'm starting over today also. Lots of good advice here.
Those sick hopeless feelings will fade with no alcohol to fuel them.. we've done it before.
Hang in there...
SNM