Notices

Dry eyes!

Old 08-29-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dry eyes!

I haven't posted in years and am doing well in my sobriety, but something happened this weekend that reminded me of one of the many, many bad things that was happening to me while I was drinking.

Back then I of course was always massively dehydrated so amongst other things had extremely dry but teary, weepy, red, swollen eyes. It was awful but went away shortly after I quit. This weekend was crazy hot around here. I spent most of the time out in the heat and I managed to get myself dehydrated with the exact same effect. It was as awful as I remembered! To imagine that I was voluntarily doing that to myself every day is unconscionable now.

Stay strong everyone! Your eyes will love you for it
Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for checking in DoneDying and congrats on your sobriety, glad to hear you are doing well! It is amazing how sometimes things remind us how it used to be, vividly at times. So glad I'm not there anymore as well.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear you are enjoying sobriety, Done.

I like your avatar
Old 08-29-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I realized yesterday that my bottle of Visine is finally empty. It was one I purchased about 18 months ago on vacation.

In the bad old days, I used to go through several bottles a year and have to keep a spare in my desk at work.

Just when you think you'd pretty much realized every benefit of living in recovery, you find another one. And then another.

Best to you, DD. Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. As you all know, it wasn't easy to quit but it is so worth it. My new additions are exercise, healthy eating, and drinking copious amounts of water. I can live with that