Notices

Alcohol anxiety

Old 08-08-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol anxiety

I really need to talk to someone me and my girlfriend got the coach to wembley yesterday to watch the football.everyone was drinking from 7 in the morning by the time the game kicked off at 4 i was a blubbering mess of an embarresment.i was nasty to my girlfriend and i was just acting like a football hooligan i can remember a couple of altercations with the opposing fans luckily it stayed verbal.this is a million miles away from what im like and the guilt is driving me crazy.i cant do anything now ill just lie here having panic attacks constantly mulling over yesterday and i cant make it stop.i havent been able to get any sleep because im worrying so much.i suffered a brain injury so im not supposed to drink anyway i dont know what went through my head.im pushing my girl away and life wouldnt be worth living without her and my son.i just need this to stop i think ive pushed my head too far this time i hope i get through this and stop this panicking im really going mad i just need to sleep
Old 08-08-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Maty

I think the important thing now is not to drink anymore - that's gonna to be the way back to peace and happiness for you.

If you're really messed up, why not see a Dr?

D
Old 08-08-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive seen doctors before about it and tried different medications for anxiety but they didnt work for me.thinking back on yesterday now im lucky something really bad never happened ie. hospital/jail cell
Old 08-08-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you can deal with it and wait it out, fair enough

If you can't, it really doesn't matter how many Drs you've seen: if this is debilitating, you're going to need help to sort it out, yeah?.

Whatever happens, remember, alcohol can only make anxiety worse, not to mention what the possible impacts might be on your brain injury..

D
Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its like i keep going on self destruct mode or something.when im drunk is the only time i feel normal again and forget about my brain damage.the thing is it does quite the opposite and turns me into an idiot
Old 08-08-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your right my anxiety gets worse every time i have a binge its like a vicious circle i should be running round after my girlfriend waiting on her hand and foot today but ill just be lied here depressed while she looks after the baby on her own because im not bieng around him when im like this he shouldnt have to see it
Old 08-08-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had the exact same problem with my anxiety towards the end of my drinking days too..I had to drink just to keep my heart rate down. Anxiety is very treatable, but not until you stop drinking. Have you considered detox and/or rehab? The initial phase of quitting can be difficult so having assistance can go a long way.