Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Cow's Bah Humbug Holiday Corner (non Bah Humbugs also welcome!)

Notices

Cow's Bah Humbug Holiday Corner (non Bah Humbugs also welcome!)

Old 12-24-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Cow- do NOT read this. ..............

Pssst...... Others, please don't tell Cow that her neighbor swept up that bird and tossed it and did not tell Cow. Its Christmas.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Cow, my mom liked the hummingbirds too. I put a feeder up by her window when she was in the hospital. Also had a seed feeder as well. The squirrels loved the seeds. My mom could tell all the differences in the birds and squirrels, too. She had them all named and remembered their little quirks.

Do you remember St John's Hospital before the big make over? Well there was a large, park like setting in the back with trees and lots of squirrels. I used to walk over there for exercise. There was this man as neighborhood famous for feeding the squirrels and famous in the Squirrel World for his expertise in the California gray squirrels. He was so fun to talk to and I miss him. The jackboot of development tore out the park and it's now the emergency room and gods know what else.

I also wonder what happened to all those squirrels. He only fed them almonds as he said peanuts upset their tummies and they didn't digest them well. He let me feed one, his most tame old girl. You had to hold the almond just right so you wouldn't get bit.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-24-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Walk, Jesus God, you got no comedy timings, okay? But how you going, though? I total love that you know me well enough to know you can does that. You keepa go!

Lenina, when you world become small, you start to notice such things. Even about you self. Was that freckle/wrinkle there yesterday? I think that maybe process of passing on. It also like a meditation. Then again, my therapist say is no good. Like, since I been unwell for so long, I has notice everything about self, and she wish for me to look outward. Yes, I see that. I see both. I maybe spend too much time inward.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. Can't entirely keep up. Awful day here. My drunk husband took all our decorations off the tree and took away all the presents underneath it. Oh well, wasn't expecting a jolly day anyway. Wish I could go camping by myself somewhere and hide. But I have surgery on Jan. 6th so I can't vanish. For the first time in awhile, I'm feeling really down.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Puffy?
What on earth is that all about? I'm so sorry you are dealing with a drunk husband
Old 12-24-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Gonna head to bed. I wish was as happy place as you Bed Island, Sleepies. Not get me wrong, I love my bamboo sheets! But, is lonely, and I not can help but think of my friends elsewhere celebrating and probable talking about why I bail out. But, Pris lives. I think I been in "stun" state for lot longer than Pris, so maybe, against all evidence, I will live too.

Tears and hugs for anybody who suffering tonight.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Goodnight Cow

I am glad Pris is still here!

There is an honorary spot for you here at the Island.
And cheeses.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Gnight Cow.
Dunno Sleepies...I will try to ask him when he is sober. He makes no sense at the moment.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good night, Cow. I'll be flying on Christmas Day. I love airports. The best day to fly is Christmas, and the second best is New Year's.

Visions of sugar plums to you, etc!
Old 12-24-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

(((Darling Puffy))) I don't know what to say. It's just the alcohol, as we all know only too well. I'm just so sorry that you are having to endure this behaviour. Love you very much. Be kind to yourself. Hopefully, he will wake up sober and make up for things xxxx
Old 12-24-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh that hummingbird story. Love.

Merry Christmas to any of you who celebrate. I brought my daughter to see the Nutcracker today. It was nice and such a Christmasy kind of thing. So different from my past Christmases...

D.

P.S. Go ahead and laminate my CCC card , Cow.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks for being kind to me Shabs! Love U 2!!!! Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I'll make an honorary spot at Bed Island for you too Puff.

We have tv and cheeses.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

hi delfin
Old 12-24-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sleepie! You're free from the visit to the in-laws, are ya? Heard about some cancelled plans...

D.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

(((Puffy))) is there a safe place you can go to rest and be out of his madness? I'm sorry you have to deal with the insanity.

Cow, yes I know about the world getting small, it's very blinkered. I think we can only stay so closed off for so long before we get weird. I have many single girlies. Some are divorced, some are widowed. Some never marry. I think living alone folks get weirder. My bestie is so locked down she doesn't even answer the phone right now and I worry for her. She's fine, she just needs to be alone.

Maybe you're ready to break out a bit? Even if it's only step outside your internal self?

See how you might meditate. I know I've told you about the self hypnosis I do. Maybe ask your therapist about helping you make a guided meditation. Maybe open up your self healing, I think it helps.

Ok, I've have a few things to do. Everyone have a blessed night and relaxed day.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-24-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

hey delf
nah I have to go
I am just going so as to make bf happy

hate it tho as family stuff just makes me nervous and reminds me I am an orphan
Old 12-25-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Sleepies- I'm packing my bags for the island... and I love cheese and T.V.
Lenina- I stayed away all day at a friend's house but I didn't want to intrude in any holiday events they may have this evening so I came back. He is passed out finally so I'm okay. He wouldn't do anything to me anyways. It is just stressful and sad to be around it. Miss you by the way... feel like I haven't talked to you in awhile.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Looks like I need to make room for a Cow, a chipmunk and a dolphin over here.

Wonder what kinda accommodations for the dolphin... I have a humidifier in here?

Aw Puff. You don't deserve any of that it makes me sad too, to think of you having drama today.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Also, that's gonna be alota cheese... chipmunks are small enough but cows are enormous... and dolphins.... well are they even prone to flatulence?