Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

My ex-friend is going to kill someone driving drunk.

Notices

Old 11-23-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all. I just posted the other day and thank you for the replies about my father. I have not drank since. I have to ask for help once more.

Long story short, a friend I used to drink with has been hiding the fact that she got picked up for a DUI a few months ago. She has no license and is on probation yet is still going out and getting entirely wasted (and I mean wasted) at bars around my area.

She calls and calls me but I never pick up. She has been cut off and kicked out of bars recently. I know she has a probation officer. I know for a fact she has no license and is a single mother of 2 kids.

Her DUI charges were lowered because she has money. She is required to attend Drug and Alcohol classes but, as a mutual friend told me, they are not even phasing her.

What can I do? I have watched this girl wreck her life slowly. I do not talk to her anymore but don't think she deserves to drive drunk and kill herself/others. I used to hang out with her but couldn't take anymore. I know where she goes when. Thoughts?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do what you think is best, but personally if I knew someone was driving plowed I would call 911 with her license number and name. The consequences might be significant for her, but they pale compared with killing herself or someone else.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know where she goes when. Thoughts?

what are yours, bbe?
and how might your thoughts change if she killed the one most dear to you?
and if they were to change in that scenario, why not now?
Old 11-23-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm usually inclined to leave things be as they work themselves out, but if you know for a fact she's drinking and driving drunk call her probation officer or the police. Realize though that the implications could be quite severe for her...like jail and beign taken away from her children. If you are just hearing this all "from a friend" and don't have first hand knowledge I'd stay out of it.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She has no license, so she isn't even allowed to drive sober, right? From your post you said you know she's going out getting wasted, but I didn't see any proof or indication she's getting into a vehicle and driving. How did you come to this conclusion?