Notices

Day 11 and feeling not so good

Old 11-11-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 and feeling not so good

My depression has come back full force. I am battling this every day. I know I need to start doing some physical exercise. But I haven't really felt like it. I don't feel as though my meds are working. I am in a new job which is very demanding and challenging. I am still in training out with another nurse. I look at what she is doing. I think to myself I am not going to be able to do this. It really scares me. i do not have alcohol to turn to anymore. And this is a good thing. By the grace of God I have been able to stay sober all these days. I am not going back to drinking. All I can do is ask my higher power to go to work with me and help me get though this. I have to be able to do it. I need the money and also I cannot quit on this because I will never forgive myself. It was very hard for me to get this job and I need to keep it. One day at a time I guess. Thank you for listening.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, it get better with time. As far as your job, don't be afraid to ask for help, you be suprised how willing people are to help you.

Have a bless day
Old 11-11-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Violet,I'm on day 19 for the 538th time,my anxiety and depression kick in around the 10th day too,everyone says it gets better,I hope so but I've never stuck with sobriety long enough to see😢 I know I can't keep using anxiety/depression as an excuse to keep drinking,the cycle needs to end or I'll never get better,hang in there,maybe talk to your doc? Congrats on 11 days😊
Old 11-11-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. I too, have depression and I know it must be very debilitating for you. But drinking will only make it worse. Hang in there, one minute at a time.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Yes, hang on and ride this out. One day at a time works for me. Your body is making huge adjustments now and it will take some time for things to settle.

Exercise and paying attention to my diet are both things that have helped me with depression and anxiety, but I realize that those things are also the hardest to do when we're feeling low. Relying on your Higher Power is also a good strategy; I sure needed something to replace the power of alcohol. The suggestion of talking to your doctor is a good one too, especially if you are beginning to feel overwhelmed.

Have faith that you can do this.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear your deprsession is acting up again violet. If your meds aren't working as they should perhaps you should speak with your doc/therapist about that? I know it takes time to find the right med and the right dosage, and there may be other therapies that could help.

Regarding your job, you can always learn what you don't know...it will all come in time.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I somewhat agree with talking to your doctor about the meds not working. However, just keep in mind that the first several weeks are going to be very rocky emotionally. Your body is going through a lot. I had some really deep, depressing episodes around day 10 and day 17. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You're doing great so far!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really really well Violet I agree seeing a Dr about your meds is the next step I booked a gp apt to do the same thing
Old 11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. The problem is I have tried all antidepressants and nothing seems to work. Maybe it is alcohol withdrawal. Who knows? Anyway. If things don't improve by Friday I am going to call my dr and see if he can change up my meds. As for the job. I guess I have to hang in there
Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think checking with the dr to see if there are any more alternative meds is a good idea. Sometimes even a dosage change will make a difference.

I'm sure that you got this job because the people who hired you knew that you could do it. Have faith that you will be able to learn the job and do it well.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by violetflame View Post
Thank you all for your support. The problem is I have tried all antidepressants and nothing seems to work. Maybe it is alcohol withdrawal. Who knows? Anyway. If things don't improve by Friday I am going to call my dr and see if he can change up my meds. As for the job. I guess I have to hang in there
Hi Violet,
I had a similar experience. I left treatment and my life seemed to slowly unravel. At the end I could not function in life, could not even egt out of bed. It looked like depression, but medication did not fix it. In my belief it was the spiritual malady that was kicking my a$$, that feeling of disconnect with the world that always lead to either misery or drinking. Alcohol was the only solution that worked on that, that could make me feel half alive.

The other solution I found was the 12 steps. Aside from the occasional dry spot of misery, nothing really changed until I got busy on those steps. It turns out that while what was wrong with me looked like depression, it wasn't, and I am very grateful for that. My life has changed completely now that I live those steps, and the malady/depression has never returned.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Like you stated, one day at a time.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Check in Violet