Notices

and another one (fresh start)

Old 10-26-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy and another one (fresh start)

I have written 'Day One' in my diary so many times this year and then crossed it out the next day. There have even been a couple of 30 dayish successes, they were good times. Sadly however I dont seem to be able to shake that bottle of wine a night. Sometimes its two bottles. I feel as though the slippery slope is getting steeper and slippier and that my chances of getting back to the top are dimishing. So I return here (I never leave just revert to lurking and reading posts as a guest) to where I feel safe and say: this is it. Day One.

I love being sober, I lose years from my face, my skin glows, my hair grows, I do so much more with my days. I want it. I know I can do it. Thank you for your support.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sobriety is so much more than good hair and skin, though if that is happening, then your internal body is also healing.

There are a lot of nasty ways to die or become an invalid due to drinking. After I got sober I really scared myself researching all the things I had been doing to my body. It's deadly serious.

Welcome back. Stick around and post more, just reading doesn't give you the full effect of speaking your truth and helping others.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Glad you came back too.
We have an excellent thread going on right now which I suggest you check out
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ce-advice.html
This could be your last day one
The choice is up to you.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back DunSuppin. It generally gets worse and worse with each return to drinking, kudos for realizing that and deciding to do something about it.

Big problems require big solutions, so I hope you have plans to do something more structured this time around to make this work...do you have any ideas of what you might try?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Big problems require big solutions, so I hope you have plans to do something more structured this time around to make this work...do you have any ideas of what you might try?

This has made me think, can't keep doing the same thing and failing I need to try something new. I will think about this, thank you.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This has made me think, can't keep doing the same thing and failing I need to try something new. I will think about this, thank you.

......I have signed up for the November novel writing challenge. I need to make my life different.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HI Dunsuppin! U can do it if U really want to! I know it takes alotta discipline to not go for your wine. In the beginning for me, drinking really became a habit, like a ritual. But later on after many yrs drinking, it controlled me. i can stay away from alcohol pretty easily now. but its been yrs of trying and day ones for me. now im just sick of alcohol ruling me and destroying my life. so i dont even mind saying no, if someone offers me a drink at some gathering. Im rootin for Ya!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on really making this your day one.
I, too, keep doing it over & over again, darn, why does that drink just sound So good come the end of the day?? It's So hard to resist.

I'm on day 5 (I've done a million day 5's ), and I should change something too, I just keep depending on my willpower holding out.
And then it doesn't.
Today was an accomplishment for me, I was totally stressed out a few hours ago and I fought through the urge. A walk helped.

Good luck to you, it is great incentive to know you'll feel & look so much better, I love that too.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How is it going Dunsippin?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 10-27-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jessie:
I, too, keep doing it over & over again, darn, why does that drink just sound So good come the end of the day?? It's So hard to resist.

I'm on day 5 (I've done a million day 5's ), and I should change something too, I just keep depending on my willpower holding out.
And then it doesn't.
Today was an accomplishment for me, I was totally stressed out a few hours ago and I fought through the urge. A walk helped.

Good luck to you, it is great incentive to know you'll feel & look so much better, I love that too.

Thanks Jessie, well done you, day 5 is brilliant. I have taken out a gym membership and am going swimming. I think losing some weight and getting active will help. I like to walk by the sea, watch the sunset, havent done it for years. Its on my list! Keep going, maybe this time is the right time for us.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
How is it going Dunsippin?
Hi Dropsie, thanks for asking. Its day two and I feel so grateful to have another shot at being sober, for me day ones are elusive so any day that isnt day one pending is great. Taken my car for repair, was up and out early, no sleeping in till late morning with a head full of regret and alcohol fuzziness. I want this to be it, going to do everything I can do. Hope your day is a good one too
Old 10-27-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One day at a time, Dunsuppin, and string those days together

You can do this!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You sound a lot like me Dunsuppin, being active and seeing some positive results has always been a huge incentive for me, to stay on the healthy path.
I also have to get out in nature (love the water!) to get those endorphins flowing. It seems when I'm inactive and feeling unhealthy (tired, etc), I reach for a drink to get that quick pick-me-up.

Hang in there, this could be our time! I feel like I've been fighting this fight forever!

Keep posting! Awesome job on day one!!
Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have just done a week, first time I've tried to and the longest without drinking in the last 25 or more years. Im getting cravings thats for sure, but for me I cant believe how much better I feel after just a week.

Its going to be tough as you are finding but you must keep trying. I feel that if I take a drink I know I will be more annoyed with myself the day after than the "enjoyment" I will get from actually drinking again.

As Carver said above string those days together and the weeks will look after themselves......

Best of Luck. WE CAN DO THIS!

Old 10-30-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One foot in front of the other we will all go.

How is everyone today?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
One foot in front of the other we will all go.

How is everyone today?
Hi Dropsie.. day 5! last night was a toughie, I wanted to drink very badly. Havent been sleeping too well and had the old thought, just one more night but I didnt. I was up early this morning and went swimming! I hope this is our time. Hope you are good?
Old 10-30-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 5
Old 10-30-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That's it, just keep rolling!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 6 ... feeling so much better today, have lost 5 lb .. this is such a boost. Am going to walk by the sea and reflect on how lucky I am. Hope everyone out there is ok, grab the good days, ride the bad, keep it rolling as Sudz would say! Good luck all