Notices

Feel lost

Old 10-23-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel lost

2 years ago I had to move because where I lived rents were outrageous so I moved to a much cheaper state which is like 5 hours from where I lived all my life. So I'm stuck in this state which is terrible on resources for people with any addiction or mental Illness. I can't even get a psychiatrist I see a nurse practitioner I can't go to aa any longer it's been a bad experience and I always leave upset there is nothing else. First of all they hardly have aa meetings and it's the same negative people I looked into smart recovery and a few others and nothing. All I have is this website. I wish there was somewhere to be around people that r like u guys on here. But they don't even have any nonprofit help which someone told me to look into. I would have to drive to the surrounding states where there's plenty of options it's just too far so feeling lost and hopeless and wish I could move back to where I grew up but it's worse than ever there. I would never b able to pay the rent it got so much worse it's ridiculous if they think people can pay that. The homelessness went up and these r people that have city jobs living in their car. So I'm stuck and this is frustrating plus I never adjusted here so it just messes with my mind. It's so dead and I'm used to city life. I'm just totally lost and this just looks more and more hopeless each day
Old 10-23-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are going through a hard time. Aren't you glad you have this site. When I came here I had a broken back and was in a body brace. I could not drive and my husband was drunk every night so he could not take me to an aa meeting. Life was hard. The people here have stood beside me and helped me all the way. This is my only support, and it is enough if you use all the things here. When you want to drink, come here and post or read or play games instead. SR can save your life. Focus on the good, and post when you need support. It can work for you. They have meetings here every Tuesday and Friday nights. They have a chat room, where you can talk one on one. The daily thread where you can post every day that you will not drink and so much more. As you read all the post you will find so much support. You can always private message me and I will always answer. We are here for you. You are not alone. Big hugs. You can do this.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zjw

i'm not a fan of city life and an find plenty to do in my rural setting. City life got too expensive for me as well. Around me we have AA and thats about it but I never went till i was a year sober and even now I dont go very much. I lean on this site and reading online and books etc.. I guess its like you gotta focus on what you do have and what you can do not on all the stuff you got going against you. Work with what you got make the best of it etc.. Being in crap situations is only worse if we sit there only focused on how terrible it can be.

Keep posting. I dont know what kind of an area your in I know for me I"m not in the city but I can hit farms for good food and a nice outing or go hiking or running. I can also just sit quietly and enjoy the scenery no need to do anything.

Its like Ok what do i have ? how can I make it work with just this? How can I be content and happy with this somehow so that i can at least save my sanity?

I still struggle with my job tho i'm becoming more accepting of it. I do feel one day when i finally do accept it i'll probably promptly be fired that will be my luck but whatever I'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

hang in there.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

don't give up on AA so Easily..
there are MANY Good people in the program..
Keep on Looking around at Various meetings.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by 24hrsAday View Post
don't give up on AA so Easily..
there are MANY Good people in the program..
Keep on Looking around at Various meetings.
this is a good point there are some in AA that on day one i would have been like OMFG whats wrong with that ******!! But now i'm like Oh man thank god for people like him etc.. i get it now that guy has been so helpful etc...
Old 10-23-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel stuck, but try to think of what you 'can' do. I used books to help through the first couple of years of recovery and then I found SR and I've been here ever since. It's easy to get library books online anywhere in North America. All you need is a library card. And, we're always open here and ready to listen. Here is our Book List and it's awesome:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html