Notices

Alcoholism can never be cured , only managed?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Going down that path is very dangerous. First it's one drink will be okay. Then, why not two? Well that went fine, why not drink again tonight since you have to start over any ways? Maybe we'll just do this weekend since it's working out so well? Oh? There is an Oktoberfest this weekend? Yeah! Let's do that! I'm doing pretty good at moderating my intake. Well, let's have some tonight. Oh, I overdid it, but there is this other event with drinks....I might as well keep drinking since that is coming up and I don't want to miss that. Oh! But there is another event coming up with drinking! I'll quit then, but then there are these other events coming up. I'll quit then...I promise.

Pretty soon it's several years later and you still haven't quit. I've been there myself which is why I'm relaying the story.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the messages. That's why I love this community.. My AV might be strong and tempting but you guys are much stronger. I will let you know how the wedding goes, when it goes down.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopefulinAus View Post
I agree. Not me either. Just saying a few do manage it. But like you say, that's led me to relapse many times.
It took me quite a long time to realize I am not one of those people.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
It is so much easier. I can't even tell you how much easier it is to live without drinking at all. Aside from the obvious like not having any hangovers and my health improving, perhaps the best part is I don't have to negotiate or battle myself every day about when I will drink, how much I will drink, what I will drink, and when I will stop drinking.
^^^^^ That, a thousand times over. Thanks, as always, Melinda.