Notices

Rough day

Old 09-25-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sleepie I think you have depression have you spoke to a Dr

Sleepie I've seen things horrific things no child should witness there has been sexual abuse in my family admittedly it wasn't a family member who done it I've seen the devastation it causes I've also witnessed extreme violence & been subjected to it

my mum died at 27 I've seen my nephew buried didn't know my grandparents I visited my mum in a mental institution at Christmas one year

I could go on but where's it getting me Sleepie ? however if you talk to a Dr you can start dealing with it

you say this late in the game but really what's the other option

Pls Sleepie snap out of this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-help-you.html
Old 09-25-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If someone has a difficult life why wouldn't they be depressed? Isn't taking a pill for a normal response the same escapism as a drink?
Many have suggested anti depressants. I am glad it works for some, however I have a neurological disorder that is aggravated by them, then necessitating benzos. Also, they lead to obesity for me and I can't do that again ever and I also can't go back to benzos.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Coming off benzoes is a long protracted process - add not drinking into the mix and thats a lot to deal with.

I'm not forcing the idea of meds on you but I think you should continue to speak to your Dr therapist counsellor about possible strategies and solutions.

I did a lot of work on my catastrophising - it was worthwhile for me.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-catastrophizing/

I'm not saying your problems aren't real - not at all - but I do think there's healthier way to deal with stuff.

I'm hoping and praying that there are better times ahead for you sleepie

D
Old 09-25-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My needs are simple. A partner who cares. A safe place to live. Trustworthy friends. A doctor who cares. A decent job.

It evades me.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sleepie -

Just think to yourself sometimes that it could be way worse and some people are A LOT less fortunate out their all over the world. Homeless, starving... be thankful for what you do got instead of what you don't. Be strong , tomorrows another day/ TGIF.. 6 days sober here and I am struggling too . Im usually drunk as hell on Friday... so im cooking instead messing with recipes .

Keep your head up - Dru
Old 09-25-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I make maybe 100 bucks a week, I am almost homeless, I have no lease of my own and the place I rent out has no heat... last winter was pretty bad, I wore and slept in my coat...close enough? I have lived most people's worst fears- lost my job, then my apartment, had/have heath issues with no insurance...
This is the fruitful life of an adult with LD.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sleepie we are your friends I consider you a good caring friend who has a good heart who is suffering & we want to be there for you

Old 09-25-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Alright I am counting on the men-folk, please be honest.
My BF says he does not like to sleep with me at night because it hurts his neck, his arm etc.
this sounds like total BS to me and like he can't stand me.
Isn't it totally natural to enjoy falling asleep with your loved one?

He cannot stand me. I know I'm right in this.

It s making me nuts. Why is it wrong for me to want this simple thing? It's like the more alone he gets to be the happier he is and the more miserable I am. Why is he even dating me?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
zjw

sometimes I think I dunno how to feel loved. or maybe I just cant wait to pull out the sledge hammer beat myself and tell myself stuff like i'm unloved. I cant really tell the difference.

But when the hammer isnt in my hand and i still have to question if I'm loved I think maybe there is just something wrong with my thinking. I mean I got kids so I'm pretty sure they love me etc.. but as for anyone else yeah sometimes i dont "FEEL" it.

But I do know it. i mean theres no other logical explanation why many of the people in my life would tolerate me if they didnt love me so i mean it has to be real. ITs just hard for me to feel it

dunno if that makes any sense.

hang in there .
Old 09-25-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

For some people there is just not enough love in the world for them to feel loved.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Alright I am counting on the men-folk, please be honest.
My BF says he does not like to sleep with me at night because it hurts his neck, his arm etc.
this sounds like total BS to me and like he can't stand me.
Isn't it totally natural to enjoy falling asleep with your loved one?

He cannot stand me. I know I'm right in this.

It s making me nuts. Why is it wrong for me to want this simple thing? It's like the more alone he gets to be the happier he is and the more miserable I am. Why is he even dating me?
Ok I got this! I haven not slept in the same bed with my wife in geeze over a year now. why? I could not stand the mattress. so then it was the floor then we got a new mattress but i was there for like 4 months couldnt stand it so now i'm on the old mattress on the floor and somtimes ont he floor again.

I love my wife dearly and yes this is kinda hard on us for no other reason then its like strange. But i cant sleep in that bad the mattress is painful to my back and hips i just cant take it.

In my case its absolutly nothing wrong with her. well her snoring was pretty bad while she was pregnant OMG it was awful and i stuck it out why? becuase she put up with my snoreing when iw as **** drunk for over a decade next to her. and when I barfed all over her one night while drunk. So i sorta saw it as my pennance lol. But otherwise it was nothing wrong with her. and even her snoreing its not like i loved her any less or something.

Gotta be gentle with yourself sleepie try and love your self more I think?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That makes sense if you had a crazy abusive upbringing like we did. I am replying to your first response zjw I'll read the next one now you were all typing at the same time you guys
But this guy has had the ground he walks on worshipped and had a wonderful supportive amazing upbringing, his life was a freaking John Hughes movie growing up... complete with chosen outsider status and leather jacket
whereas mine was unchosen outsider status, rejection and abuse at school and at home
and even as an adult.... an outsider, NOT by choice.
His mother to this day dotes on him.... what's that like? Last we saw her she was actually saying"Poor baby".... over his SKIN RASH a freaking skin rash...

I am told I'll probably be biopsied for cancer and I can't get one night of being held, it's "I need my alone time and sleep"...

WT EVER LOVING F

Some people can TAKE TAKE TAKE and not give... this is ALSO true
Old 09-25-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Then stop giving.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

If someone has a difficult life why wouldn't they be depressed? Isn't taking a pill for a normal response the same escapism as a drink?
Yes, that is a normal response, for a time. From what I have seen you post you really seem like you have clinical depression of some sort. It could be part hormones, part withdraw, part PAWS, part brain chemistry and part situational. From all the trauma you have experienced I wouldn't be surprised if you had some learned helplessness and just feel like no effort you make will ever be successful. Don't let those aholes who abused you take your whole life from you. If posting is working for you then I would say hang on and we will work through it. You have indicated it may not be so maybe it's time to see someone before you relapse. You have a good thing going with this quit right now.

Today my friends and I were playing "if you could only bring one thing to a deserted island what would it be?" Someone said my glasses so they could start fires and signal ships. WTF
Old 09-25-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

That makes sense if you had a crazy abusive upbringing like we did. I am replying to your first response zjw I'll read the next one now you were all typing at the same time you guys
But this guy has had the ground he walks on worshipped and had a wonderful supportive amazing upbringing, his life was a freaking John Hughes movie growing up... complete with chosen outsider status and leather jacket
whereas mine was unchosen outsider status, rejection and abuse at school and at home
and even as an adult.... an outsider, NOT by choice.
His mother to this day dotes on him.... what's that like? Last we saw her she was actually saying"Poor baby".... over his SKIN RASH a freaking skin rash...

I am told I'll probably be biopsied for cancer and I can't get one night of being held, it's "I need my alone time and sleep"...

WT EVER LOVING F

Some people can TAKE TAKE TAKE and not give... this is ALSO true
OK now I am convinced you are dating my husband.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Having LD actually most efforts go unrewarded, that's a true reality... if I had piles and piles of money yes I'd pay for all the help a dumb dumb needs
sometimes I wonder is life just trying to eliminate me naturally
it is possible
Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sleepie, you're bright and articulate, and good. Many people here care about you, myself included. However, in my opinion you have completely adopted the role of a victim. I understand that you have a lot of unresolved emotional pain, but that pain now colors all of your perceptions. Your ego takes every event and tells you a story about it - that people don't care, that you're a loser, your family is terrible, etc.

The ego is a master at telling stories. Always judging, comparing, criticizing, feeling victimized, etc. The more emotional pain we carry, the heavier our "pain-body", as Tolle calls it. I had a chaotic childhood and struggle with an overactive ego myself, and the only way to correct our perceptions, see things as they really are, and accept life as it is, is to work a true program of recovery. Sobriety alone cannot accomplish what we need.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

lol silentrun
Old 09-25-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

PLease PLEASE people can you take the LD thing into consent it is very life impacting on all grounds
you don't know how hard it is to have your hopes up time and time and time again and try your best only to have it blow up in your face
after about 4 decades of this you begin to doubt yourself, that's understandable'
Old 09-25-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah silent run has a point you do have a good thing going so far with this quit. dont relapse now!

I can see your point with your last post too. But I think i said it before. he dont get it I dont think so its like you cant expect him to get it.

Its like your the one taht grew up on the other side of the tracks he's got no idea whats that like cant expect him too either. And from what i can gather with your posts and such its almost like he is sortof unaware of some basic needs any women has. I mean at the end of the day women are women and from what you describe any other women might have some simlier complaints about him. Maybe its just how he is just like your just how you are. He dont get it. and you struggle to get it with him.

Tho it sounds like you have a better understanding of his situation then he does of yours. Course women are pretty more intune with that sorta stuff then men. Men kinda need to be slapped upside the head with this sorta thing. Which is my next point have you tried slappen him upsdie the head with it? lol

Like Hey i got some needs. Not to be the squeeky wheel but!! HELLO IM HERE!! my wife has to do this to me sometimes cause i can be pretty stinking oblivious as well.