Notices

All my friends are moving...

Old 09-07-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All my friends are moving...

I failed again. I have 2 days sober.... sheesh. All my drinking/partying friends got divorced and are all moving, my best friends are moving out of state. One to Tennessee and the others to Nevada. I'm grateful yet sad. I'll miss them like crazy but the temptation to drink will be greatly decreased. I only drink with them 98% of the time.
I have another group of friends, almost a family, who do not drink. One of them is my friend who is a pastor, which some of you are probably familiar with by now. Haha.
As bad as I feel to say it, I think I'll actually have a real shot now since my drinking friends will be gone. But dammit, I'll feel lonely. There's really no point to this post, just needed to get the thought out there.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have more friends that are sober, birdy. That should help you quite a bit in your effort to stay sober. Sobriety helps me feel real....and sometimes I'm lonely, too.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like some positive change might come out of this, glad to hear that you are seeing the good possibilities too.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yeah I feel like I have a real shot at this now with my biggest temptations gone. But at the same time, half of my friends are gone, so that sucks. Haha.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes we have to create a space to allow God to bring us new things. Funny how this is working out for you.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Brightone... Funny thing is, a few months ago I gave my addiction to God. I was trying to get pregnant and it never happened, and I think that was His way of saying I wasn't ready. I wasn't happy about it but I realized I'm in no condition to raise a kid when I can't even say no to a beer. And then all my friends move away, which I think was Him giving me the opportunity I needed. Funny how things work...
Old 09-08-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought my sober life would be sad lonely and empty, birdy.
It's nothing of the sort

I hope you have as least as much fun and satisfaction as I'm having

D
Old 09-08-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

2 days isnt a fail your going to get there lean on us for support whenever you need