Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ok, lets lock this this down - i don't give, so therefore i don't get - got it
Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

Originally Posted by itsonthehorizon View Post
nah bro, gonna disagree with you on that one. I used to think that way, but now I reckon we get something regardless. Look at you for instance, you just received several supportive messages. The trick though, in my opinion, is the accept. Do ya self a favor and accept the good things you get, no matter how subtle or seemingly insignificant. Gradually, good gets better and better.

so lets lock try this one - I get because I accept.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by AllieFox View Post
ok,...I only get about an hour of actual pleasure from any drinking session, the rest is hours and hours of torment, regret, sickness and shell shock.....
That sums it up...

We have been conditioned into believing drinking was fun, a party, a way to unwind.

With the information now available on the Internet, drinking is going to begin to lose that draw.

Drinking fries your brain, it weakens your body. It is an addictive depressant.

Armed w this info., we can get on the right track. If we can't make money, we can at least live life healthier in mind and body.

We just have to get over the physical addiction (2 weeks max) and then deal with the slower process of our brain dealing w the world sober (could take a,while).

We can make ourselves happy.

Physically, we are so strong once while stop boozing. That alone is so worth it.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's your addiction talking. You are "giving" simply by participating. How "philosophical" you are is irrelevant.....as long as your goal is to quit drinking, you are welcome here. Hopefully things might be a little clearer today?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ryno032709

No one cares? OK - how about this question... Do YOU care? And why do you care if others care? YOU are your number one priority. If you want this (sobriety) then you can make it work... But only if YOU care... It should not matter about others.

if you decided to drink after posting... That's OK. If not. Thats OK too. Either way - someone cares and that person is YOU. So, make sobriety work because you are worth it and you deserve it.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

tired of the monthly class thing - post how i'm doing - but guess i don't get back because i'm just not full of philosophical stuff to give back to others...idk, story of my life
Itonthehorizon..,, Acknowledging your comments here about monthly class, sometimes the threads do move fast, if you don't feel heard it's not that people don't care. I also have compared myself to others in class, "im not a good writer, not that deep or self-aware as others here, no one will miss me". I do believe that is AV talking, people do care on this site, a lot. If monthly class doesn't help you, continue posting on main thread. We all don't need to be philosophers here, we are all battling the same problem and want to help each other, and you! Come back and check in, okay?
Old 08-20-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said to someone else recently you don't need to be a good writer, a deep philosopher or a Rhodes scholar to reply to people.

Sometimes people just want to know they're not alone, and a simple post saying' I'm here or I'm listening' can make all the difference.

I hope you resurface soon its

D