Notices

my addition

Old 07-19-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my addition

hi..I'm addicted to salt and washing powder soap, it doesn't really matter what brand it is..whenever I hear the smell of soap I just dig in n eat but I don't swallow nd i dont rinse my mouth also..recently we ran out of soap and I went nd bought myself a lil packet of sunlight washing powder and put it under my bed.honestly soap helps me release stress(the smell nd the burning feeling I get in my mouth calms me down from being angry)the box is now half empty and I got a burned tongue and gums nd nobody knows about this and I feel so embarrassed to actually tell somebody,im afraid I might be jugded or laughed at. I know I need help but I don't know how will I get it..I fear I might contract cancer or ruin my changes of ever becoming a mom..please help me if you can cause I don't know how to deal with this
Old 07-19-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't be embarrassed. You are not the only one who does this. I do think you should see a Dr and explain. Sometimes vitamin deficiencies can cause this.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Sammy welcome to SR youl find support & advice here this sounds like pica have you spoken to a Dr about this ?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

welcome to SR Sammy. I'd agree with the rest, you should see a doctor about this.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is an old thread that pops up with new responses on SR about this. Search "Comet." Its a soap/cleanser. A few people who were addicted to it saw their doctor and were diagnosed with pica due to some sort of deficiency (maybe iron?). They were treated and overcame it. You can too. Please tell your doctor.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It will be uncomfortable talking to your doctor about this. I understand that it's embarrassing for you. But you are not alone. Telling your doctor is your real chance out of this. Don't hesitate. Make the appointment ASAP!

You'll be very glad you did.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you for the responds and advice funny thing is i've never thought bout seeing a doc..I guess i'll have to see one and I hope I wont be sent to rehab
Old 07-22-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Did you set an appointment?
Let us know how it goes!