Notices

Hot Outside!

Old 07-19-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hot Outside!

Mowing the lawn just now in 90 degree weather made me think back to what it was like to step out of the house in alcohol withdrawal or just somewhere between drunk and sober. The heat used to destroy me in my hard drinking days, now its just hot outside. What a difference "Sober all the time" makes!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you BTS1
Old 07-19-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm vacationing in DC with the family. I picked today, the hottest day of this year so far, for a 4 hour guided walking tour. It got up to 97 degrees with a heat index way beyond that. We made it, but I think my wife and kids hate me... lol
Old 07-19-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Man can I relate to that! I work outside and when I was drinking daily or even heavily Friday thru Sunday, the heat destroyed me. When I got home I was physically sick. Of course the cure was a couple drinks. Even at my age the heat doesn't kick my butt like it used to.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I thought the same thing on Sunday when I was driving into work. My car doesn't have working air conditioning. I thought about how if I was still drinking, I wouldn't have made it to work. Sober, I was uncomfortable, but I survived. Huge difference in my tolerance of temperature these days!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

i'd routinely get headaches. probably dehydration or something. not anymore.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes to all of the above. I used to HATE sunny days and warm days. Something about being hungover on a cold overcast winter day seemed much more tolerable. Wtf?!

I'd guesstimate that the alcohol withdrawal heat index (how hot you feel after drinking a fifth of vodka the night before and withdrawing with a kindling hangover the next day) might be 15 degrees?

All I know is I sweated like a freak in my 70 degree office. Sometimes cold sweats. Sometimes hot sweats. Nice variety.

But yeah, actually HOT days?! Omg it felt like I would die of heat stroke.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

Ive always worked outside and the heat and humidity was (is) a bitch. Lol I still complain, but thankfully now just coz Im older and I tend to complain.
Those hungover summertimes were quite the bitch too, 'dang the way i suffered through today , I deserve a few ' .
Now I know I deserve a few sweet teas