Notices

Who else is going through PAWS ?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EJP

Sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon.

I experience PAWS (im 85 days sober after 15 years of drinking) and as a middle-aged man, the things that help me most is daily exercise, eating healthy, and meditating. It sounds so silly and simple but if I neglect those things, I become incapable of functioning.

i
Old 07-13-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good insight everyone. It feels like I share a lot of the same stuff as the group. Today is day 45 for me and although I don't really have the desire to drink anymore, the symptoms make me feel like having one or two just to feel better. Anxiety is the worst and feeling of impending doom has me thinking every ache is something serious. I'm pretty good getting to sleep, but would not need an alarm for a 2:30 am wake-up. Then it is up down, up down until I need to be at work by 6am. Concentration is not there either. I'm hoping it will get better with some sleep? Exercising seems to help a little. Has anyone tried any supplements like melatonin? This is way harder than I would have expected after 20-years of occasional binge drinking with slipping into the nightly 2-3 beers to relax over the past 5 of it.