Notices

Things are looking up :)

Old 06-11-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are looking up :)

I had a really positive day today. First of all I went back to work this week after 5 weeks of being off because I'm on modified duties due to an injury and a shortage of modified work. I was really stressed about money and getting jerked around by insurance.... I felt like my life was falling apart around me. I have a family who depends on my income ya know? It's really good to be back at work. I like working.

Second I had applied for a promotion and my superintendent recommended me. I hadn't heard anything back..... my mind jumped to conclusions that I hadn't made the cut and didn't even get an interview. I emailed HR last night to follow up and heard back this morning. It's just taking awhile but they sent me a assessment questionnaire..... It is good news. I think I'm a good candidate and I really want it!! It would be such a game changer. I don't have the job yet so I don't want to get too excited but I'm secretly already fantasizing about how to I will spend my imaginary money haha. If I get it my crappy knees won't matter. There is nothing wrong with my mind or my work ethic.

Third I used to run a small business out of my home making signs. I decided this week to reopen the business cuz I'm hurting for money right now. I ran into one of my best clients today and I have a big order! Just like that.

Everything is going to be OK.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That sounds like a large bundle of good news! Best of luck on the promotion too, pulling for you. The bosses recommendation is definitely a good sign
Old 06-11-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It will be all about the interview..... I have been prepping. I plan to nail it!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post

Everything is going to be OK.
And that's the bottom line.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome sauce Zenchaser.

Reach for the stars? https://youtu.be/ThVxOzwj2zA
Old 06-11-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Strat.

I've been considering taking up spinning as a hobby. I love music, it's such a good out let. I know a couple of guys who are into it who could point me in the right direction of what I would need for the basics to get started. It would be fun!
Old 06-11-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, for sure. Good fun. What you need is a midi controller. Like everything else, it depends on your budget.

Technics are a collectors item, they don't make them anymore. Sorry I sold mine now. Just don't steal me tunes
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Spinning- you don't need much. Cycling shoes with spd style clips and a pair of cycling shorts....that's it!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was referring to spinning records... music. I have a bike but I rarely use it...... city biking scares me. I've done it lots of times and that's why I mostly don't. I can walk to work and everything I need is in my neighbourhood and I have a car if I need it.

Can anyone relate to a fear of success? I have always ended up being my own worst enemy. I have this fear of either ruining it all for myself or not being good enough.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Zen I can relate, I think it's called black and white thinking but not sure.

Here is your first lesson https://youtu.be/J0cGxDhCPqk it's what not to do!

I meant a DJ controller. I presume you don't wanna remortgage your house.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh that was painful on so many levels! This kids in the crowd, the rowed seating, the dude falling off the stage in the background that never gets resolved, the dj...... no words for that. lol

Yeah I was thinking more at home autodidact styles. No audience. Aside from a few chosen ones who already like me.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The way it should be. If anyone likes what you're doing after that then so be it. As for that video! I thought we were bad, and yes we were. But no 'bronie' conventions here lol.

Safely say I've never attended one of those (a 'my little pony' convention but for 'bro's). I will admit that hardstyle was in vogue here for a time, almost equally as embarrassing

A wild old one that. But no 'My Little Pony' remixes for sure

Eminem and Twin Peaks maybe https://youtu.be/0CsT9pb2P0A

MJ and Thriller https://youtu.be/7G8IDzVxq4U ah the shame
Old 06-23-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yay good luck to you with everything!!
Old 06-23-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah things are good right now. I finally got one of my insurance issues cleared up and I got paid out..... such a relief! The other one I have a lawyer for and I don't see it getting resolved soon but at least I have someone fighting on my behalf now.

Plus my young lover just got back from an interview for a promotion as well and he says it went really well...he thinks he got it! I'm so happy for him, he has worked so hard for it! Plus think of all the presents he can buy me with all his extra money!!!!!!! lol jk.

It all feels like it's coming together right now and I deserve it. I've had some really rough times over the last few years, lost a lot of people, gotten divorced, been poor...... tried to drown my sorrows.

I hope I get my promotion too. Still no word on interviews but they told me it would take awhile.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for the update, zen! Fingers still crossed for the promotion!
Old 07-10-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fantastic day today!!

I got called back into work yesterday after being off for almost three weeks due to a shortage of modified duties and on my way into work I got an email from HR inviting me in for the interview I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!

Then when I got to work the superintendent who recommended me who had been moved to a different plant just happened to be in for a visit. Total coincidence. He came over and asked me what was going on and I told him that I had just heard from HR a few moments ago So we had a long chat and he mentored me again and helped me prepare for the interview next week! He told me that he thinks I stand a really good chance and he thinks I'm going to do well!!

OMG I am so excited! This is it. It's my turn for things to work out.... I just know it! If I get this promotion it will change my future. And I deserve it, I've worked hard for years.

Bahhhh!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great to hear this good news, zen!!!!!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zjw

awesome! hold on to the good days and enjoy em! I met a pretty upbeat positive person online ages ago but we never talked too much out of hte blue a couple months ago he bugs me to see how i'm doing I thought gee how thoughtful why me ya know? we've been talking a bit more since find out he's got an interesting story also a recovering alcoholic as well but is a rather positive up beat person i'm like awesome just the kinda person I need in my life!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My interview is tomorrow. I feel prepared. I've put a lot of thought into different scenario questions and examples from my past experience where I performed well. I've thought up a few select phrases that I'm going to try to incorporate into my answers and I've researched public speaking tips. I also went out and got myself a killer new outfit!

I'm nervous but in a good way. Fingers crossed
Old 07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good luck zen!