Notices

Things are looking up :)

Old 07-14-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Everything will turn out OK, Zen. But more importantly, so will you! Onward!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wishing you luck, zen.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok. So it went pretty good. Three of the questions went well. One threw me so I asked if I could leave it for last so I had some time to think about. I'm still not sure that I answered the direct question, I kind of took another answer I had prepared for and tried to spin so it fit that question?? And one I wish I had embellished on..... I could have spun a better yarn about that one. The presentation was tough, I hate public speaking, but I made it my own and didn't just read off the paper as I'm sure many people do.

I can't say that I totally nailed it but I did the best I could and I was very thoughtful about my answers. I even had them repeat the questions several times just to make sure I didn't miss any parts. I was in with them for more than an hour..... you know it didn't go well if it's over in less than 15 min lol

I will find out if I'm successful in the next week or two. It's hard to say because I don't know who the other candidates are or how many of us are competing or how many positions there are.

Even if things don't work out this time around they will hire again and now I'll be on their radar and I'll be better prepared.

Still it didn't go badly..... I had a bad interview years ago haha so I know when I've crashed and burned.

And my bf found out today that he got his promotion!! I'm so happy for him! He totally deserves it! This is the third time that he has gone up for it..... twice he was passed over so this is a very big deal for him
Old 07-15-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

Still it didn't go badly..... I had a bad interview years ago haha so I know when I've crashed and burned.
I had a bad interview once. I was out of work at the time 2 kids wife couldnt pay my bills the calls where just not coming etc.. anyhow i get ont his call for this interview and they started asking me questions I couldnt answer I just hungup the phone in the middle of the interview then sat in my car and cried as they dialed me back and left a message wondering if we got disconnected.

But life goes on and I'm happy today so whatever.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I cried after my bad interview too. Today I can laugh about it and I definitely learned from it.

There were three times that one of the interviewers took real note of one of my answers..... like I got a nod and a recognition. You know what I mean? During my presentation too I could tell that he liked how I didn't just follow the script but played off it.

Interviews are tough.... the whole point is seeing how you can think on your feet, how you recover if you've been knocked off kilter.

This is going to be a long two weeks waiting to find out!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Or more likely the point is to not let yourself get knocked off kilter??
Old 07-15-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm curious how long you've been sober?
Old 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi zenchaser, what a great thread to read from start until most recent update today. Your attitude is fantastic, infectious and I cannot wait to hear what is up in the next few weeks.

This past sober year I rocked a new job, myself. There were quite a few challenges but I never picked up a drink. The best part is that I am committed to learning how to manage the blips in new ways without shooting myself in the foot. Continuously moving forward. It is working! Riding through the spectrum without alcohol feels like the biggest relief and has been rewarded greatly. My confidence grows without unnecessary detours and self-sabotage via booze fueled hoopla.

Awesome, zen!! And congrats to your SO.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Zen

D
Old 07-15-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sounds like it went well Zen. Once again, good luck. Things are looking up
Old 07-15-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

BF I haven't been sober for very long, lots of starts and stops, but I'm always trying to better myself in various kinds of ways.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh zen yay!!!
We'll all be waiting with you!
And congrats on your mans promotion! Very happy for you both!
Old 07-15-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Zen,

THINK POSITIVE - DRAW POSITIVE.

I think you have it wired.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
quat

Rooting for ya, will be sending good positive vibes, sounds like you did well.
And it sounds like you're doing well too. Goodonya