Notices

This is it!

Old 05-31-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

And way to go on getting to that women's meeting!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah sleepie life is too short to spend it sick and drunk!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Five days today. Feel pretty good. I'm bored and broke from not working. My brain is not firing like it should be...... I drove across the city today for an information session about going back to school only to find out that I can't read the calendar and it's next week not this week. D'oh!

My knees are just killing me and some times my bf has to help me get my shoes and socks on. Losing my mobility is not helping my waist line which is not helping my knees so I've got to find a way to get that under control. I'm going to start hitting the pool every day..... it's not like I don't have the time! Hopefully staying off the beer will help both my weight and the inflammation.. .time will tell.

I haven't been obsessing too much about drinking..... I'm finding the thought of getting drunk kind of repugnant actually. But for some reason I can't stop thinking about getting high on weed or mdma...... I just can't relax in sobriety, I always want to find a way to change my reality.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The pool sounds like a great way to exercise and reduce anxiety, zen.

I am proud of you for taking action; congrats on five days.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
F.... I just can't relax in sobriety, I always want to find a way to change my reality.
Sounds like you're doing great. Keep hitting those meetings - learning better ways to deal with reality is what the 12-step programme is all about. Have you been to any more since the Women's Meeting you went to? If you're stuck at home and bored, then you could always make use of the AA speaker recordings. This site is good...

AA Speaker Tapes : Find Alcoholics Anonymous Speakers

Sometimes I prefer to search on Youtube though because you can search for specifics easier ('AA speaker 'along with words like 'funny' or 'step 3' or 'woman') so you end up with what you need.

Keep going
Old 06-03-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Beccybean No I haven't been to any more meetings but there is an agnostic one on Friday that I'm going to check out..... if I like it then I will stick with going to the two, The women's one and the agnostic one.

I just ordered the Rational Recovery book by Jack Trimpey, Under the Influence, and Kick the Drink Easily by Jason Vale. They should arrive today so that will keep me busy for awhile.

This site has been instrumental in changing my thinking and giving me tools to change my ways.

I feel even better today, my anxiety is way down. After drinking nights I would feel like my insides were shaking and I was going to jump outta my skin. That's all gone.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 06-03-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Zen)) you're doing good and taking action tends to put us in a better mindset and keeps us going forward! Sounds like you've got a lot of reading to do! That'll keep you busy, yeah?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Have you read any of them brynn?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...holds the key

No, but I'm thinking that after last weekend it would be a good idea to read Rational Recovery. I need to get myself motivated again.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I found getting that motivation really hard to get back, since I wasn't drinking every day like I was it seemed manageable. But once I stopped working I was starting to drink more like every 3 days and I stepped the quantity up too.

I wish I'd been strong enough to stop again all together months ago. But what can I do? I'm stopping again now! The motivation and resolve are here now!

And honestly I feel better being sober. Life feels harder when I'm always at odds with myself about my drinking.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Get the book! Find that motivation! Don't go the way I did and wait for months to get back on track.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Amen sister!!