Notices

Entertainment!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skg

Entertainment!

I saw on sleepie's thread where someone brought up negativity.

I used to entertain negative thoughts. Today they entertain me!

I heard a long time ago (and continue to hear it occasionally): "My mind would have killed me off long ago except it needs my body for transportation." I know what that means today.

My mind is not necessarily my friend. Stinkin' Thinkin,' that nasty self-aggrandizing, self-indulgent, self-pitying voice that used to run the show kept me hammered for years. Harboring resentments, drinking the poison waiting for the S.O.B. to die, fueled my drinking/other non-AA approved substances for years and years--and I didn't even know there was a solution. Fight on to the bitter end was my only option--to the extent I encourage the end to come sooner so it wouldn't be so bitter!

"That ain't my circus, them ain't my clowns," is more than a production statement, it's a state of mind for me these days. I recognize the fear-based thinking now and deploy a set of spiritual tools I used to think of as suggestions; I recognize when I'm not thinking clearly. That's new.

Some alcoholics/addicts here might understand that futility of arguing with self--and expecting some new insight. It's a new day when I see sick thinking for what it is and can share it with others to laugh over it.

If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired of listening to the "Committee in your head;" if you're losing your YETS (haven't lost my family--yet...) which means, "You're Eligible Too" if you keep drinking, there's a solution...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

Awesome post!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Court jester

Good stuff!