Notices

Relapse Fears

Old 04-04-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse Fears

I'm starting to become convinced of something. That I am waiting out the clock on my time here, one more week, to start drinking again. A new life, new friends, a new job, a new location. How easy would it be to start fresh as a "casual" drinker. I rationally know the pitfalls, and I have been hiding from these thoughts. But writing this, in writing this, i want to attempt to confront them.

I am not fully convinced. Of anything.

Im afraid.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I learned pretty quickly that nothing could make me drink if I didn't want to.
If I was prepared to do whatever it took for me not to drink again - I wouldn't.

I know your AV is chattering but I also know there's a larger part of you that wants change.

You wouldn't be here, or ratting yourself out, if not.

You can do this - you can remain sober. Give this lifestyle a chance.

Sure you could introduce yourself as a casual drinker in a new town - but you and I both know that within a few weeks a whole new crowd of people would know there's nothing casual about your drinking.

It's scary - but you've already been laying the groundwork for change. The process has already started

Don't back out now - use the support here.

You're not alone

D
Old 04-04-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-04-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
I'm starting to become convinced of something. That I am waiting out the clock on my time here, one more week, to start drinking again. A new life, new friends, a new job, a new location. How easy would it be to start fresh as a "casual" drinker. I rationally know the pitfalls, and I have been hiding from these thoughts. But writing this, in writing this, i want to attempt to confront them.

I am not fully convinced. Of anything.

Im afraid.

Hi.
After experiencing many years of sobriety I’d be petrified if someone expressed this to me.

I or anyone can’t make anyone to stop drinking, we need to want to stop for ourselves otherwise all bets are off. I encourage you to come back when you feel sick and tired of being sick and miserable. Best wishes.

Try to remember that alcohol is powerful, cunning, baffling and never gets better if we continue drinking it.

BE WELL
Old 04-04-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have tried the 'casual' drinking. Going out with new people who don't know I am an alcoholic. It never changed how alcohol affected me.
I came to a rude awakening today...drinking is going to kill me. And the scary thought is, as an alcoholic, I could so easily drink again. That is scary. A 'casual' drink could seriously kill me.