Notices

*Sigh* At the risk of sounding a party pooper...

Old 03-16-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

*Sigh* At the risk of sounding a party pooper...

... I think this is one of my (not so) many party invites that I shall have to pass on...

"...I'll be flying to Cuba a few days later, so there will be a Latin American /Caribbean theme to this party. Needless to say, rum will play an important part in the proceedings!"

Ummmmmm ... Lol.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my drinking days I would have been all over that party like a rash. I would have spent hours planning what to wear, would have got my hair done and a fake tan. In the hours before the party I would have had several glasses of wine just to " warm up" and would not have had anything to eat because "eatings cheating" At the party I would be doing some wild dancing while throwing back rums not caring what I looked like thinking I was the sexiest person in the room. About 2 hours in my head would be down a toilet bowl vomiting and then someone would have to take me home or I would spend the evening with my arm curled around the toilet ignoring people banging on the door. I would wake the next day filled with drunken shame and have the pleasure of hearing about my drunken antics or see my red, sweaty face plastered all over face book. Fun times.

Last edited by Pipping; 03-16-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Terrible spelling
Old 03-16-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Beccy you are a true hero
Old 03-16-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mpr

Good job on passing on the party!

I went to Cuba last year and am thinking of going again in a month or two, what part are you going to?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to confuse - the Cuba bit isn't me. It's from an e-mailed party invite I received yesterday. SHE's going to Cuba and wants to get in the mood for it I suppose. Lucky girl. ( I shall be at home in my pyjamas and slippers no doubt. Hahaha).

Parties where the drinking in incidental is bad enough. The idea of being at a party where it's mentioned specifically in the invite fills me with horror.

(I bet I only get to see pics from the start of the party when they all still look immaculate in their vintage clothes - not the sweaty; glassy eyed; wobbly; talking s**t ones. )
Old 03-17-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pipping View Post
In my drinking days I would have been all over that party like a rash. I would have spent hours planning what to wear, would have got my hair done and a fake tan. In the hours before the party I would have had several glasses of wine just to " warm up" and would not have had anything to eat because "eatings cheating" At the party I would be doing some wild dancing while throwing back rums not caring what I looked like thinking I was the sexiest person in the room. About 2 hours in my head would be down a toilet bowl vomiting and then someone would have to take me home or I would spend the evening with my arm curled around the toilet ignoring people banging on the door. I would wake the next day filled with drunken shame and have the pleasure of hearing about my drunken antics or see my red, sweaty face plastered all over face book. Fun times.
Yeah that would have been me too. Those party blackouts were the worst. I would also tell strangers my life story and hug them repeatedly and for too long. Or, who knows? Maybe insult people and
Cry at the party, once again, spilling my life story to new people.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job on passing - these are some of the sacrifices we have to make. But they are well worth it. This is one of those times where maybe you can plan your own "sober trip"? PS: The Caribbean is much more enjoyable without the booze, I can attest to that.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No harm in passing on this one Beccy!! Decisions like that are what will protect your Sobriety!!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think you should pass on this one Beccy
Old 03-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't worry. I am DEFINITELY passing on this one.

xx
Old 03-17-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome beccy