Notices

I played the tape this morning

Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I played the tape this morning

I woke up with a mild craving for alcohol and marijuana. I seldom used one without the other. Like second nature I had a plan how I could score some pot. I used the "play the tape" method and concluded that it was a horrible idea to waste the progress I've made and risk falling back into my old routine. I don't want to go back to going through physical withdrawal and feeling disappointed in myself, feeling like a failure with a hangover, bloated, etc. I woke and ate a healthy breakfast and planned my day. Just sharing.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

is that what they call it "play the tape" hmmm i've been doing the same a lot myself. going through some tough stuff. The kicker for me is i think gee even if i wanted to drink i cant cause i gotta take care of my kids (my wife is out of town and i got 6 kids i'm tending too). I think right now my kids are keeping me sober. Odd its really been all for me all this time but the past few days I'm like no no no i cant do that i gotta be straight for them regardless of how difficult this is.

Latly in my case I feel as if things are busting apart at the seems. But I'm just moving forward anyhow.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to come to terms with my life and the fact that using only leads me in one direction and that direction is down. Sober life has it's ups and downs, but that's life. Hiding in a bottle hasn't worked for me ever. My life is harder right now than it's ever been. I'm running out of money, separated from my son's mother, unemployed, my car isn't running. However I haven't burned every bridge yet. It feels like now or never for me. Right now I've been sober for the longest stretch I have been in almost 2 years. I just have to keep fighting.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep that going Serotonin - you can do this

D
Old 02-24-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah it only gets easier those ups and downs get a little more rounded and not so drasticly scary in time too.