Notices

just a thought from my sober mind

Old 02-24-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just a thought from my sober mind

In life there will always be more questions than answers. Coming to terms with that is difficult. Fear of failure, the unknown is something that has plagued me and lead me down a dark path. I'm trying to let go of that fear. It's not easy. Nothing has ever felt easy that I can recall. Oh.. Yes, quitting what I start has always been easy. Hiding in a bottle has been easy. The things that have kept me from being successful have been so easy they became like second nature. Believing in myself got harder and harder the more I did what was easy. Choosing to try again is scary. I don't want my fears or my past failures to define my present and future. I'm choosing right now to do what I've always found difficult. In time I want this to become second nature. Small steps added together become great distance. One step at a time.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Serotonin, your post reminded me of an excerpt of one of my favourite poems.

“Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.”
―Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fear, is so real for me as well...There are some great Ted talks on fear..

Check out...
Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway - Susan Jeffers.
It is a interesting book.