Notices

Support from loved ones

Old 02-23-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Support from loved ones

My wife bless her supported me brilliantly when she found out about my alcoholism,on top of finding out about it she had to contend with the stroke I'd suffered,she could have left me but remarkably stayed by me,how has support been for yourselves from loved ones
Old 02-23-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah i really have no idea why my wife stuck around. prior to apologizing to her for my nonsense i realized that what i had done was just so awful. and i never beat her or got a dui or did some crazy thing. But i can only imagine she worried and wondered about me etc.. I told her I woulda never tolerated the same out of her and that made me feel even more crappy! but maybe i woulda tolerated it I probably would have but i know it would not have been simple by any means.

When i sobered up it was all about me. people got tired of listening to me. still do really. But i was just trying to find my bearings etc.. and again she stuck around.

thing with my wife however is she doesnt really understand the nature of this disease. I think shes figureing it out tho at over 3 years sober shes starting to realize the severity of it etc.. which is good.

my kids also know now that i had an issue. with that and smoking cigarettes. and the other day i said to my son god i want a cigarette today he said he woudlnt allow me to go get some. I thought well I guess thats good which is abetter thought then i woulda had in times past. IN times past i woulda thought listen boy i'll do what i want! then we had to pick up food at a bar. I said boy i hope i dont want a drink again he said he would not allow me to get one. and again I thought gee I guess thats good rather then thinking i'll do what i want!

So i'm finally kinda happy that i got some people in my court who with any luck will stop me or pick me up if i fall down again.

I really hope if i relapse one day someone in my circle drags my but to AA so fast! I hope that day never comes But if so I hope they will be there for me again.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

My gf has been amazing in my recovery the best thing mrs sw done was saying do this for you nobody else not me not anyone do this for you

It was lifesaving and i respect her deeply for it
Old 02-23-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm grateful for the support I got here at SR

D
Old 02-23-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Most of my support came from SR too. My husband's denial was way deeper than mine. I do appreciate that he does not keep it in the house.