Notices

Holding onto sobriety.. Step by step

Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holding onto sobriety.. Step by step

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm a 23 year old male and I have to come clean. I have been struggling with alcohol since I first drank it when I was 15.

At the time it was awesome... I enjoyed the feeling. Now I hate it. Going out to social events is very difficult for me. The allure is always there.

Since I am young I thought that I don't really have a problem. I though that it is just a phase I am going through. But my dad also struggled with alcohol.

I realized that I had a problem when I started drinking alone in my apartment. My go-to drink was/is brandy...

I have not attended any meetings and I have not spoken to anyone about it at all. I use apps on my phone to track how long I have been sober. Currently sitting at 1 month and 3 days.

Thanks for listening guys...
I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-23-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Welcome Robin & Congratulations on 1 month & 3 days sobriety. You will find much encouragement & support here!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi robin and welcome! I took my first drink at 15, too, and it became my obsession for the next 22 years. You are really smart to be doing something about your problem at 23 instead of waiting 20 years down the road till your life is in shambles.
You'll find a lot of support here!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I believe you are making a wise decision at a young age, and will likely never regret it. Best of luck.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you Robin! I wish I'd done the same thing when I was 23. My life would've been so different. Glad you're with us - it feels so good to be free of it.