Notices

I'm scared of quitting

Old 02-18-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Looking back, I'm kinda glad my last experience with alcohol was the no-meds cold-turkey detox from hell - 4 days of severe shakes, barely able to walk, throwing up and dry heaving, hearing voices and faint music, couldn't sleep, no food and only gatoraide for nourishment. Still makes me shudder, but left me absolutely no doubt in the world that I didn't want to go back.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was close to your position. For about two years I was drinking anywhere from 5-6 higher alcohol beers per night. I felt like hell all the time. I quit cold turkey one lent and couldn't sleep and had some night sweats. After a few days I'd wake up in the middle of the night with a blistering headache. I still drink and I'm probably chemically addicted to my nightly regimen of 2-3 beers. I want to kick the 2-3 beer habit, not because it is causing me any troubles, but just for the pure reason that I don't like being addicted to anything.

Now, I'm not a doctor, but if you are getting shakes, you might want to consider medical treatment. Best of luck.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm not a doctor, I only play one on T.V.
We can not give medical advice here.
peace-Jonathan
Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi dgrptr, I would concur with most everyone has already said. I can only share my experience. I went through a 12 week bender last winter (almost 24/7 drinkin') and I was able to slowly pull myself out of it with a strict taper, benedryl and melatonen. But as someone else said, eventually you have to get to 0 beers per hour all day and stick to it. I paid close attention to my blood pressure and pulse rate, and forced myself to take in some nutrition, and gatorades.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well

It's been two days and I've cut my beer by one per night so far