Notices

Thee Monster Within

Old 01-21-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
...It's Time.

Thee Monster Within

WOW, time sure does go by quick when your in a fog most of the time. My last post was in 2013 and sadly it really doesn't seem that long ago. I couldn't remember my log in info and one of the wonderful Administrators Anna was able to help me, Thank you!

I wish I was back here with some wonderful story of recovery to inspire everyone but I'm not. I'm not "AS" bad as I was but not really "MUCH" better. I have great spurts of sobriety and then days of binges...I don't even have the energy to write all that's happened in the past 2 years but maybe i'll share the police chases and juicy details in time lol ;-) ... just kidding, nothing fun about it ... I really sometimes feel my life could be a reality show or screenplay. I'm sure a lot of us have that right?

People ask what's my plan... I don't know, my former plans have failed... but my plan tonight is to watch tv and binge on coffee... at least Ill be conscious. :-)

I am glad to see so many doing well.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!

That is still a plan, keep it simple, not drinking is the plan, multiple box sets and 100s of cups of tea kept me Sober many a night!!

You can do this!!
Old 01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...It's Time.

THANK YOU Purpleknight... One day I will visit Ireland. I've seen such Beautiful landscapes.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Madame X

for me a good plan incorporates, find support, and using it...and making changes in your life to support your desire to be sober
D
Old 01-21-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Not having a plan is likely the reason that you drink like you do, and that pattern of drinking is unlikely to change until you decide to approach your problem differently. I hope that things don't need to get really horrible before you decide to take a different approach. Some things can't be undone, and some of us learn that lesson too late.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Sometimes in the early days my plan was just not to drink for that day. As your mind clears your plan will get stronger. We are all here for you. When you want to drink, come here and read and post and hang out. It got me through some tough times. You might find the class of January to join for support of others quitting this month. Anyway, hang in there. Each sober day you will get a little stronger, and may be able to tackle the demons that have held you down.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to see you back with us MadameX.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Coming here every single day for the last 2 months has kept me sober. Good luck, use the experience, hope, and toughness of the members here.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back, MadameX, to SR.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

welcome back, Madame.
knowing your previous plans have all failed is useful.
no need to go about it in those same ways again then.

sitting watching movies (with tons of coffee you want sleepless nights?) is a great temporary keeping-your-mind-occupied-with-something-other-than-drinking strategy, but as others here have already suggested, fleshing that out with a more substantial plan for how to go ahead would probably serve you better in the days to come.

hope you enjoy the movies and stick around and congrats for coming back, signing up and giving this another shot.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SR and my AA meetings gave me a solid recovery plan. Saved my life!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I hope that's decaf coffee