Notices

A little advice for withdrawl please

Old 01-16-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little advice for withdrawl please

Hello everyone my name is angel and just want to know your opinion. I am afraid I am going to have bad withdrawals but I'm not sure if I am just thinking about it to much. I am a binge drinker. For only about 1 year id say. I don't drink every day but I do drink three days on a row them take about a 2 day break then pick up agin. The only "withdrawal" I think I might be having is anxiety and insomnia? It's my 2nd day going on third. I only want to know if you think I would have serious withdrawal symptoms now that it's my 2nd to 3rd day and things hae been pretty minor. I just over think and worry things will be bad but what's your guys opinion on that ? I haven't been drinking consecutive days for years on end so you think ill be fine? Just looking for someone to say I won't be dead by the 6th day haha I know your not allowed to give medical tips.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I can't give medical advice, but speaking for myself, I had no physical withdrawal symptoms from drinking a bottle of wine a day. It doesn't happen to everyone.

Congratulations on your 2 days. Keep going, it will be the best thing you ever did.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
I can't give medical advice, but speaking for myself, I had no physical withdrawal symptoms from drinking a bottle of wine a day. It doesn't happen to everyone.

Congratulations on your 2 days. Keep going, it will be the best thing you ever did.
Thank you! I think it might just be anxiety also and my constant worrying about it that I am feeling I think I will stop for awhile my drinking 😄
Old 01-16-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At 3 days you're probably out of the woods safely this time. Emphasis is THIS TIME because if you continue on this path, it will likely get worse, not better, unless you stop. I know this because I was in your shoes once, knew I was having mild withdrawal but thought I could manage it and keep drinking. My "management" of the problem landed me in the hospital from a withdrawal seizure.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ionray View Post
At 3 days you're probably out of the woods safely this time. Emphasis is THIS TIME because if you continue on this path, it will likely get worse, not better, unless you stop. I know this because I was in your shoes once, knew I was having mild withdrawal but thought I could manage it and keep drinking. My "management" of the problem landed me in the hospital from a withdrawal seizure.
Hey thanks for the reply! Dang that scared me :/ sense I t is the end of my second day. I hope that dosnt happen. The thing is I don't have any symptoms except the insomnia and anxiety. But I am also a hypocondriac so idk if I am just worrying my self into anxiety and insomnia this is what gets me lol I don't know if it's withdrawal or just me worrying like usual. This happened to me with pot also
Old 01-16-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For peace of mind, and advice on how to handle it, just contact your doctor. They will probably congratulate your efforts and be glad to help. These things can be very subjective so it isn't the best to rely on someone else's experience if you are truly concerned. And, congratulations on your decision to quit
Old 01-19-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A couple of weeks ago today I stopped drinking, I too am a binge drinker although I don't feel like I have a problem. Units totals Friday to Sunday would be anything from 40 to 60. Been doing this for a number of years. Anyway stopped to give my body a break, lose a few pounds, I'm only 10st 10lb anyway and save I estimate around £400 a month. Sorry digressed abit but I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms apart from anxiety on the first day which I suffer from periodically anyway.

I originally was giving up for a few weeks but now I fancy until end of February just because I have more money, more energy, my sleeping is better. I am bored as at the weekend but I treat myself to a curry or takeout instead lol. I haven't found giving it up an issue though just become a hermit ha ha.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Angel

If you book a dr apt or go to your local A&E youl get help with things
Old 01-19-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i also had a difficult time sleeping for me and of course anxiety. but for me that is as far an i had when i stopped drinking.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Angel, I am unable to give medical advice but I can share my own experiences with severe withdrawal. I was a 36 year-old man, in great shape (aside from my terrible alcohol problem) and I had terrible seizures after going cold turkey. They came roughly 24 hours after stopping drinking in my case. This happened a few times, and I felt absolutely awful in the hours preceding the seizures also.

In the years that led up to my seizures, I also experienced the same type of symptoms that you're having - kind of weird, spaced out, and just not feeling right. As others have said, you might be out of the woods this time, but if you keep drinking these withdrawals only get worse and worse. Some of us (like myself) need to actually experience it for themselves before they believed it. I hope you take my word for it! Don't start the whole thing over again when you start feeling better, either...it's a crazy circle that many of us are happy to have escaped.

Long story short: withdrawal is no joke. If you've got anything that's on your mind or you're still nervous, call a doctor.

Congrats on Day 3 and keep up the good work! Welcome aboard!