Notices

Day 30 kinda bleh

Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30 kinda bleh

Hi all, hope you are having a lovely evening. It's another frigid day/night here however that did not deter me from taking a short walk to the market and back. I love the snow.

It's just a little "bleh" around here, my BF has been in a bad mood and I have been kinda lonely today. I have nobody to hang out with right now because that's just not where my life is. I have a group of friends but they are all foodies and drinkers- both things I have to avoid right now. I ate a bunch of bland food today so as to try and get on track after this prediabetes diagnosis that has me very unnerved. Usually I would be eating something good and watching tv to ease my nerves. I am tv'd out today and tired of computer games. I am not to install java on my BF's computer so I cannot do the chat room thing here.

No expendable income to spend or go see a movie or anything so just in all day. Bored and staying out of the BF's way.

Anyway, that's all. Just a "L" in the HALT kinda day.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow will be better sleepie

D
Old 01-14-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi sleepie, hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess learning I am prediabetic is putting a damper on my 30 days too, normally I would be happy about that but lately I am kinda "Oh well, the damage has begun". Not that I am considering drinking but I am just unenthused about making this progress.

Also just being around my BF eating something delicious and filling right now is making my stomach growl after my bland dinner of beans and an egg. I guess I am just irritated because not drinking is one thing but this dietary restriction is really more than I can handle just yet. But it's my health so I am concerned.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi sleepie,

Do you like to read or play any musical instruments? Books or my piano are two of my go-tos on those days where nothing else seems to hold my interest.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Did you check out any sites for recipes, I'm sure they're entticing meals you could have with your fb and he wouldn't even know you're having them for your predicatic. X
Old 01-14-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I sleep, or at least go to bed during these times. There is nothing I can do but wake up tomorrow thankful for what I have... and what I have during these times is time to plan something, anything to look forward too. a lot of times it is as simple as a change in environment for a bit. I don't know how many times just sitting outside, freezing my butt off has changed my though pattern.

I hope things get better soon, you are fighting and your reward for that is coming, just hang in there.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't have any musical instruments. I have a comic book but I can't focus on anything, it's annoying. I am just so freaking hungry right now. I always had food to get by in the past while quitting drinking. Like lots of people here I have the ravenous appetite too, or nervous hunger. And I always want filling comfort food.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you feel better soon

Congrats on a month sober Sleepie
Old 01-15-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sleepie, i can totally identify with you. it is certainly one of the stages of going through it.

keep going you will make it!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

"your urge to control life controls you"-- mooji

not every day is a great day not every moment is peaches and sunshine. most times are just bleh. and facing something like a prediabetic diagnoses is what it is and you should not allow it to consume you and rob you of your thunder. It just is what it is.

We think to much. simply put eat well stay active don't drink. Make the right choices and the rest falls into place as it should and how it should. Keep it simple.

Be happy things are just bleh. Things could be worse.

I'm finding myself enjoying things just as they are. I'm not sure I like something happy eand exciting on the horizon myself. Sure its something to look forward too but then I feel excitement anxiety in this moment as I'm fixated on the future event instead of whats going on right now. I'm also don't like when bad things happen or are on the horizon for the same reason they pull me out of whats going on right now they screw with my emotions etc..

Sometimes its nice when things just are. Or are bleh. I'd say relax and enjoy the bleh.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey sleepie congrads on 30 days!....here you are. Not drinking! Isn't that cool? The bf issues, the bland food. Terrible comic book. ..guess what? ...your recovering. Your not sick as u once were. Thats a good thing!

Stay with us and count your blessings!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

sleepie...your way over reacting to a "pre-diabeties" diagnoses ! I'am pre-diabetic...have been for a long time but I keep it in check with diet and excersice and you can to !

The damage you refer to has most likely not even occured. A pre-diabeties diagnoses is simply a first "warning" that things are not well in your body and some changes are in order. Thats all. But heed the warning and make some changes to your life style now. They dont have to be drastic, and you will be fine !

look into How to Eat Healthy Made Easy: with Healthy Recipes from Dr. Gourmet for starters.

DD