Notices

What am I waiting for?

Old 12-01-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What am I waiting for?

When I used to drink, I would put off eating until I finished off all the alcohol first. So whatever my lovely wife made me would have to wait. "you guys eat first" I would say

The habit of eating later became such the norm, that even now, when Dinner is made, I sometimes think to myself I'll wait and eat later .. then I realise I'm not drinking, so what am I waiting for ... its odd to explain but I'm getting used to the fact that when food is ready, I can eat .... I don't need to throw down a pile of empty calories before sitting down to a meal.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Old habits are hard to break. I did the same thing...i'd busy myself with cooking and drinking, sometimes I'd completely skip eating entirely and just drink more.

Maybe try sitting down at the table and talking first? Or having a salad or something as an early course together?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can empathize. Like it used to be an accomplishment for me to avoid food. I had my priority set on drinking, and the food would interfere with that. I've been actually eating breakfast lately.....that's new!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

lol I was the same way. I would not eat till i was adequatly drunk first and even then i'd eat lightly unless i was too drunk then i might eat more to taper the buzz some but then promptly be back to drinking. Drinking had a priority. I had another friend who basicly would just drink his meals rather then even bother with food. I never was like that I did still eat but it was just not priority.

It was strange trying to get used to that new routine of going ahead and simply eating a meal.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I spent so much time bouncing in and of withdrawl i would go a week or two without eating. I had to drink to eat. It's amazing what we do to ourselves.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did that too! I still do that! Or I get anxious about eating like Im going to mess something up (like I have a buzz going) . Its SO weird! I dont know when all the idiosyncrasies go away.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Mini bk
Old 12-01-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
quat

In a way I'm glad you are having this problem , you got me with the title lol
Old 12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I went half my life hating breakfast. Now I don't go without!