Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Title, this is not. But, read this thread, you will.

Notices

Old 07-29-2004, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Sorry...I thought I was Yoda for a moment. :22:

I think this is going to be the first birthday I've had in about 4 years where I wasn't falling-down-drunk. Just thinking back 6 years ago, at exactly midnight, going through that "rite of passage" that many 21 year-olds do for the first time--buying booze LEGALLY. Man, what a hang-over the next day!!! I can't even remember the mixture of different poisions I consumed.
6 years...doesn't seem like a long time in the whole scheme of things. BUT, it seems like a lot has happened since. I guess a lot can in 6 years. Good, bad, and everything in between. I exprienced A LOT!!! And, God willing, there's still a lot left!

Danielle
Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy BDAY!

Happy B-day Danielle - you always catch my eye, I have a beautiful daughter named Danielle, I am sure you are a beautiful person too!!!

Sober b-days are pretty awesome, still getting used to it. I just had my second sober one since I was 14 years old.

Have a great one, and do celebrate, there are other ways to celebrate without the booze!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Happy birthday Danielle, and congratulations!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Happy sober birthday Danielle! Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2004, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
there's still a lot left!
Absolutely!
Happy Birthday Danielle
Old 07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Happy birthday !!

(((((( Danielle ))))))))
Old 07-29-2004, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Danielle !!

I am turning 29 on Sunday myself, first sober birthday !!

TG28
Old 07-29-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Birthday to you Danielle

Happy first Sober Birthday to you Toronto Guy
Old 07-30-2004, 11:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey everyone, just wanted to thank you all for your birthday wishes. It really means a lot to me!
Anyways...I wanted to write in here because I had one of those "ah-ha!" moments last night.
Yesterday, my mom had a couple of people over for my birthday--my step-father and two of my aunts. I don't know if my aunts know about me and my recovery, but both my step-father and mom do. They also know how bad it had gotten and how new it is to me (since I lived with them for about a month this past spring). Yet, there was liquor GALORE flowing! I'm not mad, pissed, sad or whatever...mainly dumbfounded. If they were serving a couple beers here and there...you know, whatever (I think I'll probably get h3ll for that) but not only did they have beer...they had rum and coke, Sangria, AND Hennesy--for 3 people!!! I just sat back and sorta had to laugh (quietly) to myself. Knowing where I came from, where I've been, and where I'm *planning* on going...I'm very happy that I don't feel like I need to be like that anymore. I know full well that my family (on that side) have always been notorious for low self-esteem and I'm beginning to realize where I learned certain behaviors and why I engaged in them. I'm so glad that I have so much more insight now that I can step back and survey the whole situation.
NOW--for the whole dark and ugly part. Why in the name of everything good and righteous would people who supposadly *love* and care for me even think of subjecting myself to that? I know a couple of answers 1. they either secretly want me dead--which honestly neither hurts nor surprises me and/or 2. they can't acknowledge and want to deal with their own issues they have with their drinking.
I hope this doesn't come across sounding like a sad and angry post, because it isn't. I'm actually in a great state of mind that comes with clarity. I KNOW who truly wants me in this world and who loves me beyond measure, and he/she/it doesn't exsist in the physical realm.

Love to all--Danielle
Old 07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow! Congratulations on stepping back and watching the drinking around you, and your great attitude about it.
When I went to visit my parents after I quit drinking, my dad offered me a glass of wine. Kind of like that line in My Big Fat Greek Wedding:
"He's vegetarian."
"No problem; I'll cook lamb!"
It's hard for me to imagine that they secretly want you dead. But remember, to many people your abstinence is perceived as an implicit criticism of their drinking.
Happy birthday! It really is great to celebrate all the holidays and birthdays sober.
You too, Torontoguy!
Not even out of your 30's yet. Sheesh!
Don S
Old 08-01-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Happy sober birthday Danielle! I hope I'm still sober on MY next one Which will be a first for me too in a very long time.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Danielle

Happy Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!

Old 08-02-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Thanks again everyone...and happy birthday to those celebrating soon--especially the ones with a clear mind and concious!
Injin and Toronoto Guy--my thoughts will be will you two as well...good luck!
Personally, the world is so much more brighter when the fog has been lifted.

Danielle
Old 08-02-2004, 11:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Happy Birthday Danielle!! :bparty3

I had the opportunity to celebrate my first sober birthday in May. It felt like such an accomplishment. And it is an accomplishment, for alcoholics like us!!!