Notices

Just got fired

Old 11-02-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was fired once for habitually missing days at a job due to my choice of irresponsibly drinking in the prior evenings. It didn't feel good to get called out for being unpunctual. Unfortunately, this wasn't the wake up call for me and I had a whole lot of gaps in employment after that.

I can't promise you won't feel the same way again and you might still make mistakes sober. Life doesn't necessarily get easier, but you can process your experiences with a clear head.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just an update on things.

I sent the manager an apology letter,,(in which I truly meant every word) I don't expect it for get me my job back but I feel a lot better for doing so and just hope it can settle things and that there be no hard feelings.

Was having lunch with a friend today, and he was asking if I wanted to have a few drinks, I replied no and he said 'sure, it's not like you've anything to do later'. He said this in a joking sort of way but at the same time I thought, having a few drinks (which then turned into many) was what cost me my job and is the reason I have nothing to do.

As I had already posted, I really do feel like as although I am going through a hard time with things at the moment, I feel what has happened has been a real wake up call and really has encouraged me to stop. Also it's great having a clear head for interviews and application forms! ��
Old 11-04-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You sound ready to get free of it FloridaLove. We're glad to have you with us as you make this big change in your life.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My last drinking occurred on the night I lost my job 10 months ago. I made a vow to myself that alcohol was never going to affect my life again. Even though I lost my job, I still don't drink.
Take some time to get your act together and make an improvement in your life. You'll be better prepared to face challenges in the future without alcohol.