Notices

I am in a relapse.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Omnivore

How are you today GD? Please let us know.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
I don't feel bad about it. I don't feel good about it. I'm ambivalent.

I cannot drink moderately or safely. I know this. Alcohol is killing me, I know this too.

All summer I was so motivated in my recovery and now I'm so apathetic about it.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for with this post, just trying to keep it honest.
Addiction has made you apathetic. You still have the same thoughts about drinking as you've always had, you know it's bad for you, you know it's wrong, you know you should quit for good. But addiction makes you not care. That's common. Stop drinking and you won't have to recover from anything ever again. Or keep drinking and suffering the consequences. You know that already. I Hope you free yourself for good this time.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I do have a good psych Dr. I went off Zoloft and obviously that didn't go well. Unfortunately I started drinking again before accepting that I had to go back on it. My depression has lifted to the point that I could stop drinking again but the apathy and ambivilance is overwhelming. I want to drink without the consequences. (Insert serenity prayer here.)

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by gardendiva; 10-12-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Would really try and get yourself some kind of help~Try and do something to get yourself out of where you are. Go for a walk, call a good friend, maybe call your doctor and talk him, or call a counselor...
Old 10-12-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Was there some side effect of the Zoloft? Zoloft has some pretty serious black box warnings regarding side effects.

Have you tried other SSRIs or even other types/classes of antidepressants? They don't all act the same. Keep trying!

I'm so glad to hear you've stopped drinking
Old 10-12-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh, so I just saw in Cow's thread that you are still drinking? I guess I misread.

I hope you have a good Sunday, regardless.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

To clarify: I'm back on Zoloft but still drinking. No bad side effects, I just have a habit of going off it every once in awhile because I hate the idea of having to be on it for the rest of my life. (Insert serenity prayer here.)
Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
No bad side effects, I just have a habit of going off it every once in awhile because I hate the idea of having to be on it for the rest of my life.
Another way of looking at it is to be incredibly grateful that there's a medication that works to help you avoid the worst of depression and that doesn't cause you serious side effects, and you can safely stay on it for the rest of your life. I don't know about zoloft per se, I'm on Lexapro and I'm so grateful to be so much better. It helps to keep me sober to know the meds wouldn't work as well if I were drinking.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have been struggling with anxiety and depression all my life. Recently I was diagnosed as Bipolar type 2. I have been drinking on and off meds for the past 20 years. Right now I am in a place in which I don't care. I am taking meds and also drinking. But there is a part of me that does care. The part of me that wants to salvage my relationship with my daughter. The part of me that wants to wake up feeling good and productive. Find that part of you that wants to fight for something. I am sure all of u is not ambivalent