Notices

OOOOOOOooooooh, do I want a DRINK!

Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

OOOOOOOooooooh, do I want a DRINK!

So I wake this morning to sound of rain. Just gentle drip drip drip. Realize it's inside. It's in the hallway, water dripping from the ceiling. the light fixture is about half full.

Got the puddle in the carpet up and put a trashcan under the leak. Called the office. Too early. Called the 24 hour number. No answer. Kept trying. No answers. Ok, If I'm at the office at 9(when they open) I can report it and still make it an hour before my 11 AM start. It's only a 45 minute drive. Shower, dress, load the truck, wait at the office, report the problem, take off for my tournament.

Arrive at tournament at 10 to find out it's a 10 o'clock start. I guess the panic shorted my memory this morning. They couldn't relocate me into a gap so I missed the first two groups. Organizer was OK about it when I told him what happened.

Get home to find they haven't done anything. Back to the office. Got treated indifferently by staff. Told them, "It's raining in your building, not mine." Wrote out and signed an intent to vacate and walked out. Maintenance super met me at the door to my place. They had to break in to the vacant apartment upstairs to stop the water. The idiot maintenance guy went next door this morning, found a leak there and thought that was it. They'll be working in here for the next two days. And I"m getting a carpet cleaning out of the deal. They also called and asked what could they do to keep me here.

I've been doing real well dealing with the stresses in my life without drinking this time(thank you bupropion) around. But right now...OOOOOOOOOOooooooooh dayum.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, Trach!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You handled it great. Now ask them for a hotel voucher - and take your laptop so we can keep an eye on you.

*I'm watching you, turtle*
  # 4 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Tell them you want a years supply of Ice Cream. They will have no idea what hit them.
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear ya. Hang in there!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trach, that's rough. Hang tight. Don't drink. Not worth it. Ice-cream might be a good idea.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If I get my lease renewed with no increase in rent that'll be more than a year's supply of ice cream!

Thanks for all the support, y'all.

But, I swear! I can smell the tequila right now.

Headed for the extreme moose tracks ice cream in the freezer.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here, this will help.

Right now I'm waiting for the police to show up.

I go out of my third floor condo today and I get hit in the nose with - - urine - -

I walk down the three flights of steps, yep. Urine. Getting stronger. I live in the burbs. Not downtown.

Get to the parking lot and there is a large suspicious stain all the way across two parking stalls, down the parking lot and into the storm drain. (We have new asphalt - so it's obvious). It would be a lot of urine. A lot.

This is in the spot of my resident h o a r d e r. I'm the HOA president. I live above her. I've been trying to gain access to her unit to get some maintenance done for years. Years, I tell ya.

I'm hoping they will do a wellness check on her - this could be the trigger. We've been looking for a trigger for a while now. If she doesn't have a working toilet - well - we'll see.

So I can smell the urine right now.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

UGH! Poor Bim! It'll take more than ice cream to compensate for this!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well a drink won't fix the leak .... 4 things will then be wet.

Ceiling, light fixture, floor and most damagingly of all ... YOU.

Make a sane & rational decision
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sheez, Trach and Bimini - rough days!!

I spent hours, last night with a neighbor I didn't know, trying to reunite a 10-day-old baby cow with its mama. Walled acres and acres through the woods, can barely move today, but mama and baby cow were in their pasture by dark.

Today, a thorny limb snatched the lawn mower handle, spun us around and plopped me and the mower in the road. Luckily, oncoming car had moved into other lane.

Moose tracks for Trach, popcorn for me, what about you, Bimini??

Who needs a hangover and regrets, the next morning, when life already hands us days like today?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

You do not want a drink your addiction does. It helps to recognize that your primitive brain is competing with your rational brain
Old 10-06-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow! Tough tough days for Trach, Impurrfect and Bimini. Sheesh! So glad you are posting about it instead of drinking about it. YAY for being here. Ice cream and popcorn for everyone!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is a lot better for you guys

D
Old 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Thanks, Dee. Today's already better.

I remembered that I had stashed something away, knowing I would need it sometime. When I remembered where it was, I started trembling in anticipation. I opened it, smelled the bouquet, put it in a cup...

And covered that brownie in ice cream.

It was in the lunch they gave me at the golf course today. I remember thinking I'd save it for later when I ate lunch. Glad I did.