Notices

again...

Old 09-13-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

again...

i continue to fail.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

get up, dust yerself off, try again. You fell down, if you learn from it, it's not a fail.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

if it's every few days or weeks...it's a fail

good intentions just isn't enough
Old 09-14-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

fantasy do you think anyone us got up 1 morning and said thats it no more drinking i stop

and then it happened ...... of course not we struggled to get sober we struggle to maintain sober

good intentions are good but what you need is a good plan for them good intentions

i remember you saying about decluttering rooms etc

hang in there just dust yourself off

heres a metaphorical towl......

come on fantasy im rooting for you here !!!
Old 09-14-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ok, a few fall downs, I get it.

so...maybe try something a little different this time. Whatever you've been doing isn't quite getting it. So that's established. What could you add to your sober bag of tricks? More time spent here? Meetings?

Seems like if you really want to stay sober, your gonna have to try something new, because by your own account what you've been doing isn't quite enough.

It's OK though! coming back here, expressing the desire to stay sober is worth something! Just tweak your model a bit, see if it helps.

Good Luck, seriously, we're pulling for ya.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

so what do you need to do to make this temporary recovery permanent? what else could you be doing? what else could you try?

any ideas?

D
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

really dunno
Old 09-14-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok then what are you *prepared* to do?

AA or some other recovery group? see your Dr? see a counselor?
inpatient or outpatient rehab?

I can't tell you what to do, but I do think you need to decide on a next level - a stepping up of effort?

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-14-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by iam2antsy View Post
really dunno
1. Make a list of things you have tried.

2. Then make a list of the things you haven't. We can help you with this if you aren't sure.

3. Then start trying them. There are people here that use just about ever method of recovery if you need guidance.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think Ive given up 100 times. and here I still am. Its not a fail for me if I keep trying. I cant stop trying... or really Ill die, and it will be long and miserable before hand. sometimes, something just shifts or comes together during one of those tries and we might just make it.
ANYtime sober is good time spent and shows hope.

Keep going and do something different.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Will power and sheer resistance for me wasn't enough, my addictive mind was too strong, so it was a loosing battle!!

I needing something outside of myself to make it work, my mind in isolation would simply grind me down and the inevitable of drinking would happen, I went round and round in circles for a long time until the penny finally dropped!!

Getting more support into my plan was the answer!! You can do this!!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Antsy, I remember some of your previous posts... You sound a lot like me for years before this January. I signed up to SR years ago, you can see the date... Would come here every now and then and post a few sentences, usually drunk or hangover. Got lots of supportive and helpful responses but would not think much about them and just go back "out" again. I remember people asking what had I tried... nothing. Do I have a plan? No I don't... I realized clearly the reason for my not being able to get sober was because I had no strategy and commitment at all. Would not use the support offered freely here.

What changed for me in January this is year was: I made a commitment that I would listen to the people here, that I would develop a plan and use a strategy, and that I would sign in to SR daily and learn how to use a support system. That I would stop thinking only and start taking action, start changing things in my life even when I was unsure where it would lead me. It's been working so far.

It can also work for you but like others said, it's you who need to do the work primarily, plus accept and use any support or program that you can. Try different things and you will see what works, I firmly believe that we cannot predict before we see some result. Also, get out of your isolation, even if it's only virtual company at first!

Really, just do things and have some faith (even if blind fate initially) that you can get to a better place!
Old 09-14-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Have you tried AA? If not, why not? Give it a try. It's helped many alcoholics stay sober.